New user questions
Hi all,
This is a general enquiry. I apologise if these questions have been asked before.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 and have recently installed XBMC.

First of all, what a wonderful piece of kit, better than anything I saw in Widows. It installed with no probs, saw my network, saw my external drive, where I keep all my media, everything works great.

My queries concern music file playback:

1 Is there an internal volume control, and how do I access it?
2 Is there a graphic control module, and if so,how do I install/access it?
3 How do I set playback of my music files to random selection?
4 Can I minimise XBMC, i.e. get out of full screen, so that I can carry on with other tasks whilst listening to music or running a film?

I have quite a large collection of music, and with Windows, running Mediamonkey, I had set it up to play/select random through out my music folder. I would like to do the same with XBMC, is this possible?

Thanks for any advice,

Dave
Davejay Wrote:better than anything I saw in Widows

Apart from the Windows build of XBMC of course :-)

1. Yes, press + or - to increase or decrease the volume. The MCE keystrokes are also supported to make the cheaper MCE remotes work, so F10, F9 and F8 increase, decrease and mute the volume respectively.

3. use a playlist and set it to random playback. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Playlists for details.

4. press \ (backslash) to toggle between full screen and windowed

I left (2) till last because I wasn't sure what you mean. In the System settings there are various options for adjusting the video output.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New user questions0