Team BlackBolt: Permission Requested
Hi,

I'm not sure what the proper protocol is for using images or similar xml markup language; however, I'd like to request permission from the the above referenced team to use two things from two of their previous skins.

Item 01: NotifyToast Image (MC360)
While I am not a graphic designer, it is within my skills to recreate this image uisng Paint.Net; however, as the saying often goes "why reinvent the wheel"... thus, I'd like to obtain permission to use this image (may modify it).

Item 02: PlayerControl - NXE MediaGuide Style (XPerience)
I request permission to utilize this markup language snippet within my skin, it will have to be modified, however.

Please kindly let me know if this is permissible. Granted, the skin where this will be used is for me, my family and friends, but you never know.

Kind Regards,
Ahh.. why would u need permission if it's for private use ??
Japaja Wrote:Ahh.. why would u need permission if it's for private use ??

I suppose one can attribute it to common courtesy, for you see, while I try not to, I ask for assistance with the intent to learn, therefore, in some instances I may post a screenshot or two and would not want someone to believe that I'm stealing their work. It is understood that creative design may be easy for some, but rather difficult for others. While these may true for some, it is highly appreciated (at least to me) to give credit where credit its due.

Also, contrary to popular belief, it is a small world after all and don't want this to come accross someone's eyes and believe that their work is being stolen.

Last but not least, who knows, perhaps I may release it to the public should the interest be known.

Thanks for asking.
Asking for permission is never a bad idea. Smile

Looking good btw, I'm sure you will get "zomg! please make this skin public!" requests now. Smile
xperience is cc-by-sa 3.0 so no worries - they already gave you the permission (with proper attribution). mc360 is more unclear, i don't think team bb does that any longer, it's only jezz_x i believe?
spiff Wrote:xperience is cc-by-sa 3.0 so no worries - they already gave you the permission (with proper attribution). mc360 is more unclear, i don't think team bb does that any longer, it's only jezz_x i believe?

well then, it's settled... i shall use the two items and provide credit where credit is due...

if anyone is interested, the following link will show a preview of the skin... I only work on this a couple of times a week, but hopefully I'll get some time soon enough and dedicate more time to it... especially if I'm to make this eden compatible as my original intent was only for the xbox; you see, i don't use a pc, i like my xbox Smile yes, i know... most around here can care less about the xbox, but oh well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxp8FZrIThU

thak you much!
I'm sure you'll be fine Wink
XBMCG33K Wrote:I'm sure you'll be fine Wink

Thanks! That's encouraging... Smile
WOW looks great DOM, hope your not going to keep this one to yourself...

As a suggestion have you tried sticking your avatar to just one panel it looks a little odd standing still while the panels move behind it? Other than that its looking really polished.
Broads Wrote:WOW looks great DOM, hope your not going to keep this one to yourself...

As a suggestion have you tried sticking your avatar to just one panel it looks a little odd standing still while the panels move behind it? Other than that its looking really polished.

Thanks!

I'll try to dedicate more time in the coming months to make Eden compatible but I first have the complete the xbox version as this is my main priority; however, I have been paying attention to the changes and it should be relatively easy, time consuming, but easy to make it Eden compatible. I'm still learning the whole skinning thing, I must admit though, animations are really kicking my... Smile

As for the Avatar suggestion, I tried but some issues arised from my attempts:
- thus far, i tried displaying it for one panel with some visible conditions but i suspect my conditions are incorrect; it displayed in all panels
- JMarshall asnwered a very important question; see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103456 and apparently it's also the same with images; thus, trying to use the profile picture will show nothing

I'll keep trying...
I really like the menu in the movie view which allow you to sort genre, etc...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Team BlackBolt: Permission Requested0