Combining mkv's and iso's in one folder
I've been converting hundreds of my dvd's into a library (3TB's and counting) and have run into a problem.

I've got 2 copies of Fifth Element, one USA the other UK. I intend keeping both because of the differences in extras. DVDFab encountered a problem recognising disc 1 of the UK version, meaning I had to rip it as an .mkv file. The other discs are ripped as iso's, my preferred format. I have named them conventionally, ie Fifth Element D1, followed by D2, D3 etc. All 4 files have then been added into one folder in my movies location. The folder is named as The Fifth Element.

In XBMC, when I run it, the .mkv version shows up as a separate entry, next to my iso rips, which show up as 3 files to choose from when I click on it (which is what I wanted). Thus, I have 2 covers showing next to each other.

So my question is: How do I persuade XBMC to see the .mkv file as part of the overall set (meaning just one entry showing, with 4 discs to choose from when you click on it?) Thanks for any advice offered.
that's a limitation. you'd have to get crackin' at c++ to achieve it.
I see. Well, in a funny kind of way I'm pleased to have found a limitation in XBMC, since, having tried a good half-dozen ones, including the big-name versions, XBMC is quite the best media player kit I've ever come across. Excepting .m4b audiobook playback, which I understand might be coming along in the future, this software is heroically brilliant with just about everything. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Combining mkv's and iso's in one folder0