PVR support on crystalbuntu/atv1
So I know that this has been discussed before, and Sam had contemplated including it in one of his latest builds but didnt.

What I was trying to figure out is how to compile an xbmc-pvr build that would work, since there is no way to install it normally because crystalbuntu uses hardy and there is no hardy repository.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
You can compile the source on Hardy yourself without needing the xbmc repo, though? You will need to pull the git repo. Then in README.linux you'll need to grab all the dependencies listed (hoping that they're all available on Hardy). If they're not all available pre-built from various repos for Hardy, you'll have to grab their sources individually and build them yourself.... I have built dushmaniac's and dteirney's source successfully on my ATV running Lucid minimal - so I at least know that works!

If you need to, you can always do a dist-upgrade to karmic (or again to lucid) and build xbmc on that - you'll probably want some linux chops to do this because getting the newer distros to run well on the ATV takes some fiddling around (especially to get the memory usage right.....)

Just to be clear - I started with my own minimal Karmic and eventually dist-upgraded to Lucid. The process of dist-upgrading did not go smoothly and I needed some voodoo to back myself out of some problems. So it's not as straight forward as it sounds (nothing custom on an ATV is though!)

Jim

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR support on crystalbuntu/atv10