"Failed to initialize audio device", but only in "autorun"
Sad 
Hi

I have a peculiar problem... I have an OpenSuSE 11.4 (Linux 2.6.37.6-0.5-desktop) with XBMC (10.1) installed.

During installation of SuSE, I've created a user called "xbmc" and enabled autologin for this user. After XBMC have been installed I added the following to /home/xbmc/.xinitrc - "exec /usr/bin/ck-launch-session /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/xbmc --standalone -fs"... so far so good - everything is perfectly fine...

... or at least almost Smile - when trying to play some musik I get the message "Failed to initialize audio device, Check your Audio Settings"... but if I close XBMC, log in to Gnome as root, open a terminal an su to user "xbmc" and start xbmc from commandline it works if I choose "Internal Analog Audio" in System -> System -> Audio Output.

Now the spooky/funny parts appears... I check the options in Audio Output I see the following:

With Autologin:
  • Defaults
  • iec958
  • hdmi
  • HDA Intel Defaults
  • SAA7134 Defaults
  • Custom

When logged in to Gnome, with SU-user=xbmc:
  • alsa:default
  • Defaults
  • Internal Audio Analog Stereo
  • Custom

When returning to auto-login - it stops working again...

By the way - to be sure that it wasn't a rights-problem, I ended up changing the UID for the "xbmc"-user to "0" to ensure root-privilegies

Please help a frustrated man... Huh

Regards
'Adder
can you post a full debug log to pastebin please?
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Rainbow 
Hi

The full log is uploaded to pastebin (http://pastebin.com/BgWfhMed), I've tried to start a piece of music with all of the options except for the custom setting.

regards
'Adder
did a little searching and found this, dont know if it will help as it is not OpenSuSE, but it might be a place to start, I will poke around a little more and see if I can come up with anything more.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=510684&postcount=1
the only other thing I can suggest is jsut trial and error, I will post my audio settings under ubuntu with HDMI maybe that could act as a guide of sorts.
Thanks for your effort... what puzzles me, is the fact - that it works if I log into Gnome... but not if I boot directly to XBMC - and in fact that I see 2 different kind of "hardware" in the 2 scenarios...

regards
'Adder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Failed to initialize audio device", but only in "autorun"0