XBMC now ignoring NFO files
I have two instances of the stable release of XBMC running. All of a sudden, one of my HTPCs stopped recognizing NFO files. Here is what I do sometimes:

add movie
let XBMC scrap movie
export movie library into separate files
I sometimes modify the exported NFO file to change titles, add movies into movie sets, etc
Refresh movie, instruct XBMC to NOT ignore locally stored info

Up until last night, this process always worked without issue. Now, when I refresh a movie, XBMC goes straight to the scraper, without recognizing that a locally stored NFO file is present. I repeated this procedure for my downstairs HTPC with the same movie and it works as described above. I test this on multiple movies and the result is always the same. The upstairs XBMC will not recognize the NFO file while the downstairs XBMC sees it. Both computers are running the same version of XBMC, skins, plugins, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
sorry wrong post :/
Known issue in current master. If you're using Dharma and it's ignoring the .nfo files you've most likely disabled the default scraper for the given section.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:Known issue in current master. If you're using Dharma and it's ignoring the .nfo files you've most likely disabled the default scraper for the given section.

Thats it! I did do this recently. I guess I have to re-enable it. Thank you!
Since this is an issue over more than two months now, question is, how long will this be an issue in the future? I hoped that newly introduced bugs are removed quickly...
This one is already fixed. You've actually tried it?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Mmmh, well... I think I have auto-update, but I will check again if I have the latest version installed.
However, let me go more into detail, as the NFO files are read actually, but only partially. And this DID work before! (So, maybe it's the wrong thread, sorry for that.)

The example below should get all the info from themoviedb and take the title as defined in the tag.
It does not, only the title is used (so NFO does get read, but ignores the link, resulting in no info about length, cast, description, poster, etc.). As I said I did this many times before and it worked until now.

If I remove the NFO file, then all info is scraped from themoviedb correctly (but with normal title without "Extended Cut" of course, which is the reason I wanted to use the NFO file).

Code:
<movie>
    <title>Sucker Punch - Extended Cut</title>
</movie>
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/23629
Seems as if there's a new regression. I was able to reproduce. Will fix.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks a lot Smile
Spiff fixed the regression and made the combined nfos work again.
Thanks for the really fast fix! Wow! Smile
I'm still having exactly the same problem as dieter.wunderer. XBMC scrapes fine if I ignore the NFO file, but won't load the url in the NFO.
Lathlas Wrote:I'm still having exactly the same problem as dieter.wunderer. XBMC scrapes fine if I ignore the NFO file, but won't load the url in the NFO.

What scraper is it you're using? What kind of nfo is it? Scene .nfo with imdb link and themoviedb.org scraper? If true, 5f87bfd684e20f69531b0f388a9d129c1b081fa3 should fix it.
vdrfan Wrote:What scraper is it you're using? What kind of nfo is it? Scene .nfo with imdb link and themoviedb.org scraper? If true, 5f87bfd684e20f69531b0f388a9d129c1b081fa3 should fix it.

TMDB scraper for movies, .nfo file with a link to themoviedb.org. I only use .nfo's for correcting sort order or setting up movie sets, so the info in them is very sparse.

I haven't updated XBMC at all, it's still just the stable 10.1 release from the front page, with the same .nfo files I've been using for a year.

I'm pretty tech savvy, and I feel like I know my way around XBMC, but I don't understand what "5f87bfd684e20f69531b0f388a9d129c1b081fa3" is supposed to mean.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<movie>
    <title>Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest</title>
    <sorttitle>Pirates of the Caribbean 2</sorttitle>
    <set>Pirates of the Caribbean</set>
</movie>
http://themoviedb.org/movie/58

Returns only the title, sort title and set from the .nfo file. If I ignore and refresh from the internet it scrapes fine.

I've tried changing the structure of the URL as well, adding www or a trailing slash have no effect.
I hope I do not add even more confusion:
It's not fixed on my system either. I just said "Thanks" above, because I assumed XBMC is auto-updating and expected to get the fix automatically in some days.

I think, I set auto-update ON some time ago, but now can't find any update setting anymore. But if it is not auto-updating, how could this bug appear all of a sudden on my system?
If it is, when will this fix be rolled out?

Well at least I am confused now... ;-)

By the way: I think this cryptic number refers to a nightly build. Try checking the official download page, I think you should find it there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC now ignoring NFO files0