Adding scripts to main menu?
first off, i gotta give congrats to the guys at xbmc. you have made one hell of an app. i was sold only on the fact it could play my mp3's and video's (legally obtained of course *coughcough* ConfusedaintSmile and instantly made it my default dashboard. but after i found out about xlink-kai, media streaming, it's extremly user-friendly gui, file browser, and to top i all off, get instant info on my songs and have the album cover beside it, i was floored. and now that i've seen the python scripts...  Shocked oh my god. i think i've died and gone to heaven. you don't even need a pc to see the best things on the web anymore! well, enough with the patronizing...

on the latest versions on xbmc, it has the apple movie trailers and web radio already on the main menu when you select the yellow circle on the lower-right (using project-mayhem 2 skin). i wanted to know if i could add more scripts to that list, or at least have a script organizer there. i have searched the forums, looked throughout any xml file i could come across, and even tried to hex edit the .xbe and various other files(i don't know anything about hex, or where to start) so, i'm stuck here, at the mercy of the other forum members.

pleae help.
are you the forthex from xbox scene, if so nice tutorial on usb stick.

to answer your question just edit dialogsubmenu.xml in the skin of your choice and the resolution you use. you'll see in the file how to do it. just enable and modify the additional entry's, there are already entry's there just not enabled.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding scripts to main menu?0