Intermittent crashes
The other day I upgraded my Debian system from Lenny to Squeeze release. Since then, I have been experiencing frequent, yet intermittent crashes of XBMC. Thinking something got corrupted in the Debian upgrade, I formatted and installed Squeeze cleanly. That did not resolve the crashes. I compiled the lastest XBMC source from Git (was previously using a couple month old build), but that did not rectify the crashes either.

I installed GDB and got a crash dump which I've pasted below. The situation that produced this crash was I started XBMC, went to browse videos (not in library mode), and started playing the same video three times. The first two times the video played without issue. Upon hitting play the 3rd time, XBMC crashed. The only thing "different" I can think of about my setup is that my media is all stored on NFS shares which are mounted locally to my XBMC PC.

Let me know if you need any more details or would like me to try anything. Thanks.

Crashlog:
http://pastebin.com/rb7JY2N7
You're running the beta driver. Please check if the current stable release of the nvidia binary driver works for you.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks for the reply vdrfan. I reverted the Nvidia driver back to stable 270.41.19 but that doesn't seem to have helped at all. I've had several similar crashes since then.

Here's the log and trace from another crash.
http://pastebin.com/AdtJFYCW
Please disable sync to display and/or the refresh rate settings and give it another try.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
You might have a winner. I disabled the sync to display setting and so far, no crashes. I also haven't noticed any detriment to having disabled that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intermittent crashes0