• 11(current)
why hasn't anyone mentioned flirc?
short update:

a: tweaked harmony settings and now the delay is much shorter than before, although it's still not in real time, but this seems to be a harmony one issue...
but i can live with this little delay...

settings are as follows:

interkey delay:0
interdevice delay:0
and the option i missed

"device doesn't appear to receive every command correctly, device responds too much or too little to some commands" -> i set repeats to 0

b: waiting for new firmware Smile

c: thx blank, your suggestion with keyboard shortcut is working perfectly Cool

d: maybe flirc 2 will come with power on feature Wink

however, i got a little problem finally setting up flirc with xbmc.

concerning keyboard commands wiki says:

Open square bracket -> Big Step Forward, or next chapter
Closed square bracket -> Big Step Back, or previous chapter

when i select "Full Keyboard" under Controllers in flirc software and want to record the next 2 buttons to the right of button "P" "Open bracket" is working as intended (=next chapter), but "Closed bracket" doesn't execute "previous chapter" command as it should. there is just appearing "passthrough mode active" like the command is trying to change volume or something like that...
could it be possible that this button is linked incorrectly in flirc software ?
I bought one of these, was posted quickly, pretty good quality. It worked straight away (linux) no problems. The only thing is I didn't really need it so now I don't know what to do with it Smile
QLink Wrote:short update:
however, i got a little problem finally setting up flirc with xbmc.

concerning keyboard commands wiki says:

when i select "Full Keyboard" under Controllers in flirc software and want to record the next 2 buttons to the right of button "P" "Open bracket" is working as intended (=next chapter), but "Closed bracket" doesn't execute "previous chapter" command as it should. there is just appearing "passthrough mode active" like the command is trying to change volume or something like that...

so.. wasn't really ready to share my config files just yet,
as I am not sure that everything is as i would like them to be just yet.
but.. pls find attached my config file for FLIRC,
and my keyboard settings for XBMC.
and pictures showing how I have set up my harmony one..
pls. take backup of you own FLIRC and keyboard settings before trying mine Smile
my settings is made so that the remote works with Windows Media Center, and XBMC.

the FLIRC file needs to be loaded through FLIRC, so that is easy..
the keyboard file needs to be in this directory here
%appdata%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps
hit "windowskey+r" to launch the "run app" (For those of you on Linux/OSX, I dont know where the keyboard.xml file is located, but I am sure that google can help you Smile )
and paste in the above string.
and copy the keyboard.xml file in there..

lastly, harmony.. I have attached a picture showing how it should be setup.
again.. I am using Medie Center (Plex/Plex Player)

most of the keys explains themselves, and therefor needs no further explanation.
but.. a couple of good to know is:
Exit Key: simulates ESC, and returns XBMC to Main Menu.
Channel up/Down: simulates Page up/down. for scrolling your movies.
the Arrow up and down (the one above the D-Pad): is for Home and End.
and.. in XBMC I have setup, that if you hit the back key, the movie want stop, but continue in the background.. to return to full screen, hit the play button.

so far, this has worked great for me..

here is the files..
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ce296fe/n/Desktop.zip
(updated to include sleep function within XBMC, and have Blue Button toggle between subtitles)

1. My FLIRC fimware is 1.0.. I assume config file is backwards compatible..
2. My XBMC is Pre Eden HD edition. also, I assume keyboard.xml i backwards compatible.
3. I am running: Windows 7 (assume that it should work on all windows versions)
4. My remote is the Logitech Harmony one.
PS... the FLIRC is not starting my computer from Sleep.. and therefor is not part of my configuration yet..
Jason will look into the possibility to have FLIRC wake the computer from sleep, and once he does, I will update my configuration, and re-upload the files..

if there are some mismatch with some keys or functions, pls. let me know, then I will try to resolve it, and re upload the files, for those who want them.. Smile

Hope I have explained myself good enough.. English is not my main language.
wow great timing blank, my Flirc and HTPC just arrived yesterday, over the weekend I will spend some time to set it all up and will use your keyset etc.

Thanks so much already, I will share my experience with your work here once I'm done.
Hello! I'm seriously considering a Flirc since I'm currently playing around with different options for a Mac Mini 2011 HTPC running both OS X Lion and Windows 7 x64, XBMC and Windows Media Center (with My Movies plugin), with the mighty Logitech Harmony One remote.

I have everything working with XBMC on Lion using the Plex Player device on the Harmony One and the builtin IR receiver on the Mac, also using Remote Buddy so I can wake up from sleep, launch other apps etc; however Lion has had a few teething problems so I'm mainly boot camping to Windows, which I prefer anyway.

However on Windows I can no longer use the Harmony One properly, still seen as multiple Apple Remotes presumably (thanks to the Apple drivers for Windows), to control either XBMC or WMC! [XBMC on Lion has a setting for the Harmony, which is missing on XBMC for Windows - I can't see an obvious way to configure this, but maybe a patch and recompile?] Google says WMC only responds to the MCE class of remotes, which seem to be incompatible with the Mac Mini IR receiver. I'd rather not have a fugly MCE USB IR receiver hanging off the Mac. Besides that, I'd like to play with both XBMC and WMC, for now at least.

So anyway, it looks like I'll be ordering a Flirc and looking more closely at blank's setup, which sounds pretty close to me (apart from the Mac I presume). It'd be great to hear from others with similarly twisted configurations. Wink
blank Wrote:so.. wasn't really ready to share my config files just yet,
as I am not sure that everything is as i would like them to be just yet.
but.. pls find attached my config file for FLIRC,
and my keyboard settings for XBMC.
and pictures showing how I have set up my harmony one..
pls. take backup of you own FLIRC and keyboard settings before trying mine Smile
my settings is made so that the remote works with Windows Media Center, and XBMC.

the FLIRC file needs to be loaded through FLIRC, so that is easy..
the keyboard file needs to be in this directory here
%appdata%\XBMC\userdata\keymaps
hit "windowskey+r" to launch the "run app" (For those of you on Linux/OSX, I dont know where the keyboard.xml file is located, but I am sure that google can help you Smile )
and paste in the above string.
and copy the keyboard.xml file in there..

lastly, harmony.. I have attached a picture showing how it should be setup.
again.. I am using Medie Center (Plex/Plex Player)

most of the keys explains themselves, and therefor needs no further explanation.
but.. a couple of good to know is:
Exit Key: simulates ESC, and returns XBMC to Main Menu.
Channel up/Down: simulates Page up/down. for scrolling your movies.
the Arrow up and down (the one above the D-Pad): is for Home and End.
and.. in XBMC I have setup, that if you hit the back key, the movie want stop, but continue in the background.. to return to full screen, hit the play button.

so far, this has worked great for me..

here is the files..
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ce2d595/n/Desktop.zip

1. My FLIRC fimware is 1.0.. I assume config file is backwards compatible..
2. My XBMC is Pre Eden HD edition. also, I assume keyboard.xml i backwards compatible.
3. I am running: Windows 7 (assume that it should work on all windows versions)
4. My remote is the Logitech Harmony one.
PS... the FLIRC is not starting my computer from Sleep.. and therefor is not part of my configuration yet..
Jason will look into the possibility to have FLIRC wake the computer from sleep, and once he does, I will update my configuration, and re-upload the files..

if there are some mismatch with some keys or functions, pls. let me know, then I will try to resolve it, and re upload the files, for those who want them.. Smile

Hope I have explained myself good enough.. English is not my main language.

Thanks so much for sharing this, this is great.
QLink Wrote:concerning keyboard commands wiki says:

Adding this to my list of things to look at.
blank Wrote:... my settings is made so that the remote works with Windows Media Center, and XBMC.

So I ordered a couple of Flircs last night...

Meanwhile I was pondering the above and was wondering if Flirc supported 'profiles' then the above would be a lot easier, i.e. for different media center apps I press a single button on the remote that changes profile, then all the other buttons potentially generate a completely different key set. Is this available now, and if not, what do you reckon Jason?
hey everybody

as promised I tried out blank's settings and they work great so far. I just have a couple of questions about it:
- When I press the Power OFF button on the harmony, nothing happens. Is there a way that it shuts down the HTPC when pressing the button?
- Does somebody know if it's possible to program a blue button for the harmony where I can enable/disable subtitles?
ecopsorn Wrote:hey everybody

as promised I tried out blank's settings and they work great so far. I just have a couple of questions about it:
- When I press the Power OFF button on the harmony, nothing happens. Is there a way that it shuts down the HTPC when pressing the button?
- Does somebody know if it's possible to program a blue button for the harmony where I can enable/disable subtitles?

1: Go to device options in the harmony software.
select the device you use for XBMC (Plex/Plex Player)
select 'adjust power settings' -> I want to turn off this device when it's not in use -> One button on the remote for turning it both On and Off -> I don't have the original remote, but I know the command that is used: -> in the dropdown, select power toggle.

1A: so far, I don't know the key to start the PC using FLIRC, so these settings might get obsolete in the near future once Jason fix this.

1B: make sure that there is a power toggle button in the LCD display on the remote (or pair one of the colored keys momentarily to power toggle, you need to do this, so that FLIRC can learn the IR Command. or use my config file instead)

now.. for the real issue..
Windows Media Center does not support a key shortcut to have the computer go to sleep (atleast I haven't found it yet)
2½ solutions for that..

1. don't put your computer to sleep via windows media center, but only using XBMC.
2. use eventghost (what I am trying to do, although I get some weird behavior doing this)
2½. hope that Jason will hardcode a sleep function/button in FLIRC.
(Jason, a respond to this would be great, cause if you include this, then there is no reason to waste time with eventghost)

for now.. I have uploaded some new files, so that.
1. power button on remote will function as sleep when used in XBMC (keymap is. CTRL+SHIFT+Z)
2. "blue" button will switch between subtitles.. Wink (keymap is CTRL+U) (will work in Windows media center too..)
find the files here
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ce296fe/n/Desktop.zip

as before.. pls let me know if you find any errors, or have any questions.
Just got my flirc but my firmware is not up to date.
somebody know where i can download firmware1.0
Zild8 Wrote:Just got my flirc but my firmware is not up to date.
somebody know where i can download firmware1.0

pls be aware that this is not a public firmware,
but a "patch" to help solve an issue some users have had.
pls read more here:
http://blog.flirc.tv/?p=243#comments

link for firmware here:
http://downloads.flirc.tv/fw/fw_1.0.bin
Thanks
blank Wrote:pls be aware that this is not a public firmware,
but a "patch" to help solve an issue some users have had.
pls read more here:
http://blog.flirc.tv/?p=243#comments

link for firmware here:
http://downloads.flirc.tv/fw/fw_1.0.bin

Thanks so much for replying. It took an oscilloscope, logic analyzer, debugging over uart, and USB Trace to solve this one. The hardest part was reproducing it. But I'm certain I've not only identified the problem, but fixed it. The version 1.0 linked above is a non public release, however, feedback has been great. As far as I know, it has alleviated the problem for everyone experiencing the issue. It's worthy of the name 1.0 stable and will be pushed to everyone next week.

This bug occupied 100% of my time, so I will begin working on more firmware and GUI features which I will communicate via the blog.

I'm extremely grateful for everyone who followed up on the blog regarding the sleep issue. Thank you all so much.

Sincerely,
Jason
Hello there

I have a strange connection issue with my flirc lately. If I turn on my HTPC, Flirc is started normally as a service and "connected" is written when I open the program. However I can't use my Harmony One with it at the beginning. After a while it suddenly works... any ideas?

I use blank's config files, so actually everything works except this issue.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
why hasn't anyone mentioned flirc?1