except in the end, on my harmony remote,
the GUIDE button didnt want to register at all,,,
im puzzled on this one,,,
also the bottom left CLEAR button and bottom right ENTER button same thing,
both didnt want to register...
again, im puzzled on this one,,,

Also, since i've mapped pretty much all needed buttons,
except those mentioned earlier,
i launched XBMC thinking ok, lets try to control it using FLIRC...
but in vain,,,
its like the dongle wasnt even plugged in the HTPC...
nothing was responding at all..
like not even 1 single button,,,
nothing,,,

am i missing something here?

also not that im using app version 0.96
and i tried to upgrade the firmware to this one here http://downloads.flirc.tv/fw/fw_1.0.bin
but the app would end'up hanging at about %11 completion so,
doesnt seem i can upgrade firmware at all here,,,
it always hangs 'not responding' ...

thanks Smile
Question - has anyone got a Harmony working with flirc when the Harmony is in MCE keyboard mode (i.e. not simulating an MCE or Plex or whatever)?

This would make a very very easy process of mapping ALL the harmony buttons - (including the special programmable buttons at the top) into standard XBMC keys and then flirc accepts this and sends as keyboard strokes to XBMC.

Would really be the ultimate in terms of very direct mapping, but all I can see is people using MCE/Plex simulation.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Harmony in MCE keyboard mode = no need for flirc dongle tbh

i just tried it, and made a thread abou it
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=112646

Smile
See my response in that thread - sourcing the HPs can be a pain when your not in the US and I'd rather support a supportive vendor like Jason if at all possible. So still very interested in if anyone has got that working...
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
i agree with you bossanova808!
i support jason too all the way!

i.m in the process of getting a replacemnt dongle from jason...
i think mine is unfortunately DOA...
which is weird tho,, anyways..

when i'll get my new one, i'll let you know if it works! Smile
BTW Jason mentioned to me when I ordered 2 that he's on a break for about a week so updates here (& deliveries) might be slower than normal
yepp, i know Tongue
i Used to have problem with my harmony remote who was not responding and scrolling fast ,after google up my problem i find a otion that a change and it help a lot(responds to some commands either too many times or only occasionally)i put that one to 5 so i dont know if you guy ever try that,but i just let you know.

http://windowsmediacenter.blogspot.com/2...ntrol.html

Waiting for long press!!!
yes i tried that already,,, still didnt work,,,
and also, i tried with other remotes i have at home and,
not a single of them seems to be detected by the FLIRC dongle,,,
mine is DOA Sad
bossanova808 Wrote:Question - has anyone got a Harmony working with flirc when the Harmony is in MCE keyboard mode (i.e. not simulating an MCE or Plex or whatever)?

This would make a very very easy process of mapping ALL the harmony buttons - (including the special programmable buttons at the top) into standard XBMC keys and then flirc accepts this and sends as keyboard strokes to XBMC.

Would really be the ultimate in terms of very direct mapping, but all I can see is people using MCE/Plex simulation.

Well.. I would be glad to help..
But I have never seen the option to have my Logitech react as a MCE Keyboard..
so if you can tell me where I can select this option, I will test it out..
but you would still need to configure flirc.tv mappings, so I dont see the point..?
ecopsorn Wrote:Hello there

I have a strange connection issue with my flirc lately. If I turn on my HTPC, Flirc is started normally as a service and "connected" is written when I open the program. However I can't use my Harmony One with it at the beginning. After a while it suddenly works... any ideas?

I use blank's config files, so actually everything works except this issue.

I still have the above described issue, has anybody an idea how to fix this?
Jason:
instead of writing to your email (and since I know that you visit this site once in a while)
and hopefully share bugs and issues in an open forum, to see if others are having the same issues..
I am writing about an issue I have had a couple of times..
yesterday I started up my HTCP (from a coldstart) it had been turned off for about 2 weeks.
and.. the FLIRC.tv didn't respond to my remote (using a harmony, but it shouldn't matter)
I tried to MAP a couple of buttons, and load my conf. file, but nothing helped..
FLIRC.tv software did say connected though..
last resort was to upload the 1.0 firmware "again", after that.. everything worked just fine again..
this is the third time I have noticed this issue..
I just started up my HTPC this evening.. from total shutdown since yesterday, and I had no issues.. everything is smooth..
so.. next time, I might wait 2 days, then 3 days and so on, so see if it is time specific..
but, is it possible to see if it looses some of it's firmware by a CRC check.?

but.. lastly.. am I the only one who might have this issue..?
blank Wrote:Well.. I would be glad to help..
But I have never seen the option to have my Logitech react as a MCE Keyboard..
so if you can tell me where I can select this option, I will test it out..
but you would still need to configure flirc.tv mappings, so I dont see the point..?

In the Harmony software/website just add a device ->Home Theatre PC->Microsoft->MCE Keyboard I am pretty sure is the way. It's not hard to find. That means you can then just map any harmony key to any keyboard key. Yes, you still need to program flirc too I imagine, but the idea is

Harmony -> key -> same key in flirc

It's just (potentially) a more direct and simple way to do things because the mapping is 1:1

Would be great if you can try it a I still won't have mine for a couple weeks I guess.
blank Wrote:Jason:
instead of writing to your email (and since I know that you visit this site once in a while)
and hopefully share bugs and issues in an open forum, to see if others are having the same issues..
I am writing about an issue I have had a couple of times..
yesterday I started up my HTCP (from a coldstart) it had been turned off for about 2 weeks.
and.. the FLIRC.tv didn't respond to my remote (using a harmony, but it shouldn't matter)
I tried to MAP a couple of buttons, and load my conf. file, but nothing helped..
FLIRC.tv software did say connected though..
last resort was to upload the 1.0 firmware "again", after that.. everything worked just fine again..
this is the third time I have noticed this issue..
I just started up my HTPC this evening.. from total shutdown since yesterday, and I had no issues.. everything is smooth..
so.. next time, I might wait 2 days, then 3 days and so on, so see if it is time specific..
but, is it possible to see if it looses some of it's firmware by a CRC check.?

but.. lastly.. am I the only one who might have this issue..?

well I think this is exactly the problem that I described above and asked for help about it, isn't it?
It really seems like I'm rolling a dice when starting up my HTPC. Once the remote works normally and other times it just doesn't respond. The strange thing however is that most of the time it starts to work while I'm watching a movie, so it is definitely time related which is extremely weird
ecopsorn Wrote:well I think this is exactly the problem that I described above and asked for help about it, isn't it?
It really seems like I'm rolling a dice when starting up my HTPC. Once the remote works normally and other times it just doesn't respond. The strange thing however is that most of the time it starts to work while I'm watching a movie, so it is definitely time related which is extremely weird

Well.. I did read your post,
but you wrote/write that it will work again after a while.

I left my HTPC on for about 15 minutes, before trying to use it, and in that time, it still didn't work, atleast before I re-programmed the FLIRC.tv..

so I am not entirely sure that we a re seeing the same issue..
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
why hasn't anyone mentioned flirc?1