• 6(current)
why hasn't anyone mentioned flirc?
Lord09 Wrote:I just got my flirc and have been trying to configure it with my Harmony 650 remote and XBMC.

Does anyone here have some settings I could use as an example/template?

I'm curious as to what everyone's been configuring as their device to be used with the flirc in the Harmony setup application. I've tried various Media Center devices and haven't gotten it to work yet.

Also using the flirc setup application, when trying to map a button, I'll get a message indicating the button has already been mapped to something. This occurs even after I clear my configuration. Any ideas?

Thanks all.
I'd say Plex Player.
jasonkotzin Wrote:Interesting that you say this. In about a couple months I'll be opening the discussion with distributors to get some better options for people.

The small flat rate box is the best option I found. I can stick as many flircs as I can fit in the box and it remains ~13.95. Where other shipping methods cost will be dependent on the weight. But what always drives international pricing shipping cost is customs.

I'm humbly surprised by the amount of interest outside the United States. About 2/3 of all the orders have been outside the US, I would have thought this would have been the other way around.

Again, I hear you loud and clear, and I'll keep looking for other options.

Thanks everyone.

In the US, you can probably ship First Class for around $2.00. They include tracking if you use Paypal for shipping.

Same thing for International. You can ship first class if it's under 13 ounces at around $1/ounce. Since Priority Mail Flat Rate doesn't include tracking, it's the same as First Class but much cheaper. The delivery time is around the same for both method.

PS: If you use Paypal's for shipping in the US. The rate is a bit cheaper than going to the Post Office.
I am also having an issue with the Transfer error. But what gets me is the delay in which I push a buttons to the time it works. It's like I have to push a button twice in order for it to work. I have tried 3 different remotes and its the same with all of them.

In any case I'll email you Jason about the firmware update.
Lord09 Wrote:I just got my flirc and have been trying to configure it with my Harmony 650 remote and XBMC.

Does anyone here have some settings I could use as an example/template?

I'm curious as to what everyone's been configuring as their device to be used with the flirc in the Harmony setup application. I've tried various Media Center devices and haven't gotten it to work yet.

Also using the flirc setup application, when trying to map a button, I'll get a message indicating the button has already been mapped to something. This occurs even after I clear my configuration. Any ideas?

Thanks all.

Which remotes have you been trying that don't work? I always recommend Samsung, or UN55D5000. Send me an email and I'll make sure I get you up and running.
nocloo Wrote:In the US, you can probably ship First Class for around $2.00. They include tracking if you use Paypal for shipping.

Same thing for International. You can ship first class if it's under 13 ounces at around $1/ounce. Since Priority Mail Flat Rate doesn't include tracking, it's the same as First Class but much cheaper. The delivery time is around the same for both method.

PS: If you use Paypal's for shipping in the US. The rate is a bit cheaper than going to the Post Office.

Awesome, thanks so much for the heads up.
i ordered 3 of these a couple of weeks ago jason posted on the 19th july but still haven't arrived here in australia rang Australia Post Yesterday they told me there has been delays in shipping from several US Airports including LAX, chicago and miami Australia Post has only this week recieved stuff from upto the 14th july so looks like another week or two before i get them which is over a month that is ridiculous you would think so-called professional international mail carriers would be a bit more efficient

was planning before this to order several more to resell here in australia but wondering if worth hassle right now just to make it clear i don't blame jason his service has been excellent
protocol77 Wrote:i ordered 3 of these a couple of weeks ago jason posted on the 19th july but still haven't arrived here in australia rang Australia Post Yesterday they told me there has been delays in shipping from several US Airports including LAX, chicago and miami Australia Post has only this week recieved stuff from upto the 14th july so looks like another week or two before i get them which is over a month that is ridiculous you would think so-called professional international mail carriers would be a bit more efficient

was planning before this to order several more to resell here in australia but wondering if worth hassle right now just to make it clear i don't blame jason his service has been excellent

Really so sorry you haven't gotten yours yet. I've been looking forward to hearing how it goes, I'm sure we can use another form of shipping other than USPS to help speed this up when you do more.
jasonkotzin Wrote:Really so sorry you haven't gotten yours yet. I've been looking forward to hearing how it goes, I'm sure we can use another form of shipping other than USPS to help speed this up when you do more.

that's cool jason as i said it is out of both off our control will just haave to wait and see if they shooow up soon will let you know how it goes Smile
Activity on this seems to have died. So how is everyone who's gotten this enjoying the experience? I have two on order and am awaiting shipment.

Jason - any update on when the new batch will be shipping out?
I happened to stumble across this thread (and the Flirc in general) today, and I'm definitely interested to hear how it's working for everyone and if there's an update on shipping time for the new batch. I've got a Harmony 880 that I'd like to use to control XBMC running on Win 7 Ultimate x64 (or Ubuntu x64), so I'm also particularly interested in hearing whether the issues with the NEC protocol used by the 880 are resolved. Just about ready to place my order Smile

Dan
TheCowGod Wrote:I happened to stumble across this thread (and the Flirc in general) today, and I'm definitely interested to hear how it's working for everyone and if there's an update on shipping time for the new batch. I've got a Harmony 880 that I'd like to use to control XBMC running on Win 7 Ultimate x64 (or Ubuntu x64), so I'm also particularly interested in hearing whether the issues with the NEC protocol used by the 880 are resolved. Just about ready to place my order Smile

Dan

I've got a Harmony 880 and FLIRC is working great! I'm running Ubuntu and it's so nice to not have to mess around with LIRC and have something that just works. I don't know if the issues are resolved with the NEC protocol as I just went ahead and setup my device as a Samsung TV in the Harmony config. It works fine that way for now.
There are some issues 64bit Windows and driver signing - Mac, Linux work well - also remotes that output a 56KHz IR signal (Dish, Bell, Sky) have problems. NEC protocol remotes (ie. AppleTV) have all been fine on my end - RC6 (MCE) I haven't tried with the 0.8 firmware yet though.
I would love to get this for my remote. But how will it work? It's my DISH remote.

http://www.amazon.com/Dish-Network-Learn...B0022DKLSE

SAT - TV - DVD - AUX will I be able to program it? I did program the AUX for my receiver.

I guess I can use DVD for it....! this is sweet.

I'm ordering and see how it goes! Ordered! Thanx.... Order# 1215
Mine turned up three days ago. Very happy with it so far. I have a Integra DTR50.2 receiver that has a multi function remote that i am using with this dongle and XBMC. Its awesome.

cheers
steve
infinityteg Wrote:Mine turned up three days ago. Very happy with it so far. I have a Integra DTR50.2 receiver that has a multi function remote that i am using with this dongle and XBMC. Its awesome.

cheers
steve

Thanks. His blog says the new batch is shipping out starting today. Anxiously waiting.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
why hasn't anyone mentioned flirc?1