The setup is pretty simple:
1. Install Sopcast.
2. Run Sopcast.
3. Connect to http://localhost:8908/tv.asf in XBMC.
4. Watch stream.
5. ? ? ? ?
I've already made a package to demonstrate this. It contains:
- The player and the required libs.
- The Sopcast Readme.
- sopcast.sh, a script, which eliminates the need to install the libs to /usr/lib (could be handy in the future).
- example.sh, a script, which starts a stream.
- plugin.video.sopcast.test, an addon to watch the stream (or just open the stream directly).
This exceeds my Python skills. I couldn't manage to execute the client out of XBMC, but this should not be a problem for an experienced coder. I hope that someone of you want to finish this.
Here is a improved version of my addon.
The install isn't fully automated (yet), but you get the idea:
The scripts are tested by me on two machines and I think they are save, but I have to inform that I wont take any responsibility for anything unexpected.
The addon itself is minimalistic, there are dummy-directories for starting and stopping a stream. It takes ~5 seconds to start the stream itself, so you may have to press the 'play' button again.
You can change the channel by changing the 10th line of the default.py.