• 11(current)
[PATCH] Hardware deinterlacing for both software and DXVA2 decoded material
Well....you can't really deinterlace progressive material, can you? Smile
minimoe Wrote:Well....you can't really deinterlace progressive material, can you? Smile
:confused2:
Real video interlaced!, but the parameters specified "Scan type: progressive" Huh
Thanks, I will think.
Basic dxva-deinterlacing is now in master. It's functional, but not as refined as the patches in this thread (yet).

Feedback welcome.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
IgorA100, some videos are not flagged correctly and you need to "force" deinterlacing. The new code in master does that.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Quote:Hardware deinterlacing for both software and DXVA2 decoded

CrystalP Wrote:IgorA100, some videos are not flagged correctly and you need to "force" deinterlacing. The new code in master does that.

Now hardware deiterlacing should work with mpeg2 and ati HD4770?
How i can check it?

piipes Wrote:Now hardware deiterlacing should work with mpeg2 and ati HD4770?
How i can check it?

Watch an interlaced source, e.g. sports such as football, ice hockey or F1, with your eyes open. Big Grin There's no way not to be able to tell the difference.
Yep, i see that difference with sport.
But you can't see that when pressing O?
Yep, nothing new...

dxva deinterlacing will always double the framerate: so if the source material is 50i then without deinterlacing you'll have an fps of 25 (each frame composed of two "fields", with the inevitable "combing" motion effect).

If you deinterlace, the deinterlacer splits the two fields and does interpolation of missing lines by also using the information in the other field PLUS creates a second "temporal frame" that is displayed right after.

The simple thing is to check the fps value. If double, then deinterlacing is on.

(except if you're doing half-rate software deinterlacing)

EDIT: if still showing like 24-25 fps, you probably are on "automatic" and since the source material may not be flagged correctly, you need to force deinterlacing.
Yes, i think that source is flagged ok.
XBMC use only sowtfare deinterlacing.
Did you selected the DXVA render method in System -> Video -> Playback?
Yes i did.
If you want to force deinterlacing you must also set "On" for "Deinterlace video" and "DXVA Best" for "Deinterlace method" in GUI video settings when playing file.
isidrogar Wrote:If you want to force deinterlacing you must also set "On" for "Deinterlace video" and "DXVA Best" for "Deinterlace method" in GUI video settings when playing file.

I think deinterlacing is use, but only software base.
Are you using Windows XP? Hardware deinterlacing is only supported under Vista/7.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Hardware deinterlacing for both software and DXVA2 decoded material0