• 13(current)
[PATCH] Hardware deinterlacing for both software and DXVA2 decoded material
isidrogar Wrote:Which GUI video settings are you using?
Yes.
isidrogar Wrote:Don't forget also to select DXVA as renderer in general video settings. "Auto" setting in current master code defaults to pixel shader renderer.

1. In the setting enabled ATI "Vector Adaptation"
If select "Auto", then OK. If "DXVA Best" - have artifacts.

2. If the ATI to select "Bob" in the settings and set HBMC to "DXVA Best", then everything is OK
isidrogar Wrote:@IgorA100, @StinDaWg:

Which GUI video settings are you using?

Don't forget also to select DXVA as renderer in general video settings. "Auto" setting in current master code defaults to pixel shader renderer.

It works for me now. Had to change renderer from auto to dxva in general video settings. In the player itself I have deinterlace video to auto and deinterlace method to DXVA best. I can confirm with test patterns I'm getting vector adaptive and I am not getting any noticeable artifacts on my ATI 5450. Thanks! Nod
Hmmmm. I may have spoke too soon. It reset itself from dxva best to auto (which lost vector adaptive) even though I had clicked save for all movies. I went ahead and reset it to dxva best and deinterlacing on from the previous auto setting. Lets hope that fixes it or it may be a bug in the current build I have.

edit: Selecting auto for deinterlace method seems to have a mind of its own, sometimes it does vector other times it does not. Problem is I can't get dxva best to stick. It keeps resetting itself to auto even after I hit save. I'm running the Oct 3rd master build.

edit 2: Something is definitely wrong in the master build. Will not under any circumstances keep the dxva best (vector adaptive setting). Had to revert back to a June 28th patched build I've used from this thread. On that build all I had to do was select auto for interlacing and it would choose vector every time. Don't know if this bug can be fixed before the final Eden release or not but it's definitely broken in the current master.
@StinDaWg:
Some changes was made in way settings are saved to DB. A clean XBMC install running the setup may fix your problem to keep the dxva-best selection in place.

Regarding auto setting it must always choose vector adaptive if available. You can check the GUID used in debug. I also have seen (mainly ATI cards) the driver limits deinterlace to bob even when vector adaptive GUID is selected if system has low powered resources. Switching off Aero helps.
Thanks, I'll do a clean install and see if that helps. I've went back and forth on versions so many times something might have went wrong in the process.
Well, I uninstalled, rebooted, then installed the newest nightly. Did not fix the problem. Cannot save DXVA best, always reverts back to auto after reboot which gives garbage deinterlacing. Tried turning off Aero, no difference. Even when I put it on dxva best I got micro studdering and artifacts like Igor said above. I know it's not a problem with my video card because vector adaptive works in Windows Media Center 100% of the time. I guess I'm going back to MediaBrowser on WMC. I don't like it as much as xbmc but if I can't play 1080i content reliably on it then I can't use it.
As StinDaWg I cannot save DXVA best as default interlace method. I watched the changes of the <interlacemethod> tag in guisettings.xml.
When I choose DXVA best and save this as default video setting the value of the tag gets changed to 18.
Then if i close XBMC and open it again the value gets changed to 9. Maybe that is the problem.
I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Cheers
That makes sense, fixed.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
CrystalP Wrote:That makes sense, fixed.

In what build will this fix be implemented? Thanks.
Seems to be fixed in the 10/17 build. It saves the dxva best setting after restart, although I still get intense stuttering on every 1080i video, and no it is not my graphics card problem.
After playing more video content it seems that this problem has nothing to do with 1080i content in particular, rather the stuttering affects All HD MPEG2 .ts files whether 720p or 1080i using dxva renderer. It's not a matter of filesize, bitrate, or anything else, they all stutter in the same consistent 2-3 second intervals. It's not a problem with my graphics card or cpu as this never happens in previous or stable builds. This has only been happening with the nightly builds from the past month or so. I have an ATI 5450. Something is wrong with the software or code, I just don't know how to pinpoint it.
Just came across this patch. Thank you so much, really thought I would have to buy nvidia cards to be able to use dxva, you saved me some cash.
StinDaWg Wrote:After playing more video content it seems that this problem has nothing to do with 1080i content in particular, rather the stuttering affects All HD MPEG2 .ts files whether 720p or 1080i using dxva renderer. It's not a matter of filesize, bitrate, or anything else, they all stutter in the same consistent 2-3 second intervals. It's not a problem with my graphics card or cpu as this never happens in previous or stable builds. This has only been happening with the nightly builds from the past month or so. I have an ATI 5450. Something is wrong with the software or code, I just don't know how to pinpoint it.

I also seem to be having these issues with Nvidia card over the last few weeks, with the PVR branch. It was previously working perfectly, but now .TS files seems to be causing huge CPU usage. Looking at the video options the GPU is seemingly not being used for these .TS file types.

I have noticed that Deinterlacing is looking better however, So i think it has something to do with that... Anyone else having issues?
StinDaWg Wrote:After playing more video content it seems that this problem has nothing to do with 1080i content in particular, rather the stuttering affects All HD MPEG2 .ts files whether 720p or 1080i using dxva renderer. It's not a matter of filesize, bitrate, or anything else, they all stutter in the same consistent 2-3 second intervals. It's not a problem with my graphics card or cpu as this never happens in previous or stable builds. This has only been happening with the nightly builds from the past month or so. I have an ATI 5450. Something is wrong with the software or code, I just don't know how to pinpoint it.

Freakish Wrote:I also seem to be having these issues with Nvidia card over the last few weeks, with the PVR branch. It was previously working perfectly, but now .TS files seems to be causing huge CPU usage. Looking at the video options the GPU is seemingly not being used for these .TS file types.

I have noticed that Deinterlacing is looking better however, So i think it has something to do with that... Anyone else having issues?

Anyone more having the same issues? I can't replicate the problem Sad

BTW, are you sure you are not using PS or Software based renderer?
isidrogar Wrote:Anyone more having the same issues? I can't replicate the problem Sad

BTW, are you sure you are not using PS or Software based renderer?

Render Method =DXVA
"Allow DXVA 2"

In Video Settings:

Deinterlace Video = Auto
Deinterlace Method = DXVA Best,
Video Scaling = DXVA.

What I have noticed when watching the Video statistics, is the deinterlacing is seemingly working or at least showing 50fps now. Previously it was showing 25fps. Is the deinterlacing now using frame doubling or some such?

It does indeed look better/smoother than previous. Right now I'm watching live SDTV and I'm seeing 18.4% CPU and 12% VCPU. From memory earlier builds were using higher VCPU and much lower CPU. (Is this normal?)

When using HDTV streams, it's worse in that the CPU is somewhere between 30-60% on average and rewind/fast forward will choke end stutter. This is on a C2D T9400, and 9650GT Videocard.

I will try and do some more testing and try and workout the issues further.
I may revert to an earlier version and look at the logs from both.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Hardware deinterlacing for both software and DXVA2 decoded material0