animeNFO, tvtome, geos and IAFD loopup
okay,

this will be taken a bit from the top of my head but it should describe most of the needed information.

we need series. each series need

- a title
- running years
- a cast
- possibly an url
- directors / creators
- a thumb
- a plot
- seasons
- a genre

each season need
- episodes
- as the current design is, a list of episode guide url's. this is to avoid having to fetch information for all episodes at first lookup. (this may be easier to have per series, dunno)

each episode needs
- an associated file
- title
- writers
- cast (for guest stars)
- synopsis / plot
- rating & votes
- thumb

i probably forgot something, but atleast it is a start..

spf
context menu on video media should have 'movie details' 'anime details' 'tv details'

xbmc rocks btw.

i think spiff was gonna make something like this a while ago. how come it never showed up in cvs?
heh,

since i haven't had the time to finish it.
i really like the idea spiff, great work so far. could u maybe also keep music videos (mvids) in mind? i don't know which lookup site could be appropiate for it though.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
"air date" would be nice, if it's possible to order by air date. the reason is that i don't rename my files and therefore the filelist isn't chronological.
how long will it take till it is integrated into cvs?
it will take exactly 1281h 37m 14s
(spiff @ june 10 2005,06:39 Wrote:it will take exactly 1281h 37m 14s
sweet! i'm really looking forward to august 2nd!
don't spend a lot of time on tvtome.com. i work at cnet, and we purchased that site recently. we will be discontinuing it next week. all the data will migrate to tv.com but it will be formatted differently. i'll see if we can come up with some sort of xml output for you guys.
that would be awesome!

hopefully i will start working on this again soon. i just handed in my master thesis, meaning more coding time on the horizon Smile
hi thanks for making something to grab anime credits and thumbs....something i've been waiting for for a long time.

anyway i thought i might point you in the direction of http://www.anidb.net i think their database might be easier to work with and is more comprehensive and up to date than animenfo, as it started as a ed2k hash linker so it is usually updated as soon as things become available. it is also designed to be accessed from a client which could also make things easier.

cheers again.
hi,

seems like a very nice backend, however unless i'm blind it would require parsing the html.. one of the nice features of animenfo is that there's a _simple _ client interface which require no parsing.. then again, there is a client
i'm sure if you asked them they would be more than up for making things easy for you. i know a lot of the anime community use xbmc.

there is another downside with anidb is that they don't list 'cast & crew' either so meybe i just directed you to something cool but useless.

thanks for checking it out anyway.
i fumbled a bit more around, and ended up sending a pm in the forums. we'll see. i noticed that cast'n'crew is missing, but there is proper episode support which i find much more important..
the hash database would be incredibly usefull for accurate searching if it didn't take up so much cpu time to hash an anime series...what? areound 4 gig in 26 files as standard?

one fo the things i harped on about before was treating anything that could be flagged as serialised (anime-tv shows) so you only select by directory then select an episode number/name. as 26 identical thumbs in one directory looks naff....and the stacking doesn't cope well with larger numbers.

anyway i'll keep chacking for updates on what the guys at anidb think Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
animeNFO, tvtome, geos and IAFD loopup0