Default audio stream for Blu-Ray rips / Zoom with scroll wheel.
Hello,

I did a quick fix yesterday that works for me and changes two things. It was an ugly hack, but I can totally see these as actual features:

1) Default Blu-ray audio stream selection based on stream name.

From what I see - the .name property of the stream contains something along the lines of "English DTS ..... blah blah blah".

Since I wanted to to play "Polish" by default, I've added a quick iteration through all the streams in the open stream so that it tries to open that one instead of the first valid found which is usually "English DTS MA" etc.

There's also a default subs stream below that - I guess this one can try to open the default language stream as well, especially if the default audio stream wasn't available.

I think there should be an option that tries to match a stream by it's name, entered in the settings. For instance:

"Preferred Audio Track Name Contains(Language): Polish".

If strstr returns not NULL on the .name = then it's "Polish" and if it's valid = then open it.

I hardcoded the track in my hack but it would work just fine as on option I think.

2. Scroll wheel = ZOOM.

I'm using a TV to play the rips so it's kinda annoying when some of them are encoded in insane aspect ratios that result in black bars on wide screens. However - I didn't really feel like going to the menus and selecting the zoom - so I mapped mouse wheel up/down to that function. Again - 10 line copy/paste hack... works just fine... I can quickly zoom to fill the screen without playing with menus. This does break the default mouse scrolling behavior, but I'm not sure what it was as I haven't actually seen it do anything while playing a movie.

This can be another option somewhere in the settings - something along the lines of -

"Mouse scroll wheel function: Volume/Zoom/FFWD-REW/Next Chapter-Prev Chapter/etc".

Another minor suggestion. Wink

I can post some code snippets when I'll get back from work but I do feel they will be comparable to posting your own nude pictures on facebook. As I said - they are kinda ugly hacks. Wink So instead - just a feature suggestion for now. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default audio stream for Blu-Ray rips / Zoom with scroll wheel.0