Trying to set up MCE Remote
I have been trying for a while this afternoon to set up my Mediagate GP IR02BK remote with XBMC on my Ubuntu 10.04 machine. When a key is pressed the reciver flashes,
lsusb gives: Bus 002 Device 004: ID 1784:0008 TopSeed Technology Corp.

I have lirc 0.8.6 installed, however during the GUI portion of the install I selected custom. I was using the following as a guide;

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=672818&postcount=4

The Remote is also listed in the WIKI:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Rem...ol_Reviews

I am positive that I am missing something, I just don't know what it is I appreciate your time in this matter, If there is any more information needed from my end, let me know and I will provide it.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Have you tried configuring lirc to use a windows remote instead of a custom one?
no I have not tried that...but I would like to. Is it possible to get back to the config gui and make changes? If so what is the command? If I must remove it and start from scratch would I use sudo apt-get remove lirc? or the rm command?

Thanks for your help
I did some more search and think I found a solution to my issue by uninstalling.

I would navigate to the LIRC home folder using terminal then use the make uninstall command from the LIRC main folder, then reinstall and use the microsoft config?
You can reconfigure lirc by typing

sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc

Into a terminal
Thanks for the tip, works great.
teeedubb Wrote:You can reconfigure lirc by typing

sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc

Into a terminal

this fixed my remote issues also tyvm
Just upgraded to to 11.10 earlier this week and it would appear that I lost the function of my remote, I currently am using a GP-IR02bk (Mediagate) MCE Remote the row of buttons that include radio, music. Pictures and video buttons respectively are the ones that work. When I press a button on the remote, I can see the IR reviver flash as well. Not sure if this is a keymap issue or LIRC.
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:Just upgraded to to 11.10 earlier this week and it would appear that I lost the function of my remote.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=112649

Still on the first page of this forum.
thanks for the tip.
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:thanks for the tip.

Or try this one
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=104541
That's an extremely long and detailed explanation of how to fix the issue, yes. Or you can just cut/paste one of the Lircmap.xml extracts we posted to this thread. Either way.
rodalpho Wrote:That's an extremely long and detailed explanation of how to fix the issue, yes. Or you can just cut/paste one of the Lircmap.xml extracts we posted to this thread. Either way.

True, but only needs to be done once.
I found with my remote just installing 'lirc' and setting it up as I did with *buntu 11.04 didn't work. Using the in kernel option, all keys worked but I could only press the keys slowly or it would jump ahead.
Using the Kernel + lirc option cleared this.

With *buntu 11.10 they moved to a newer version of lirc which removed a key component that caused problems with the kernel drivers.
I found I had to first get the key mapping correct (in-kernel) and then install / configure 'lirc' (made sure 'irw' displayed the right key presses) the last part was to modify the XBMC Lircmap
With a MCEUSB remote? Weird.
rodalpho Wrote:With a MCEUSB remote? Weird.

Tell me about it, worked under *buntu 11.04. I only had to install 'lirc' and it worked.
Might have to do with my remote sending double key presses. using ir-keymap i see 2 key codes but when i install lirc i see one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to set up MCE Remote0