Have to reactivate PVR backend everytime I start XBMC (pvr-margro4)
Hey there,

any ideas why I always have to deactivate and then activate the PVR backend again after I started XBMC in order to watch liveTV? I'm using the 4theRecord backend on a singleseat Win7x64 setup (haven't tried the MP backend yet).

The rest seems to work fine so far (heavily missing timeshift though). Thanks.
Had the same problem with the MP plugin on Win 7 32bit.

The problem lies there, that the MP TV service isn't started fully when XBMC starts.

I've just created a batchfile which delays the start of xbmc a few seconds after the boot of windows.
Problem solved.
HW: P4 2,3Ghz - 1GB - 160GB 2.5" - GF8400GS - DVB-T - DVB-S2
SW: Win 7 - XBMC PVR Margro - Mediaportal TV server
I have TVHeadend on a server then I have a acer revo 3700 as a client running xbmc live.

I see the same issue when I start xbmc it doesn't find the pvr backend and I need to re enable the pvr via the setting screen.

Maybe we should raise a bug.
jimmeuh Wrote:The problem lies there, that the MP TV service isn't started fully when XBMC starts.

I my case it doesn't depend on when XBMC launches. Currently I still stick with MP for watching TV because of the timeshift feature - but even after I already watched TV with MP, leave it and then open XBMC the PVR-Backend is not loaded - I always have to reactivate it.
it's been fixed in the dev tree.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Does this also relate to me getting an epg per channel, but not a timeline epg dushmaniac? If not i'll do some more searching til i file a report.
the timeline is broken in the latest git revisions, after last week end's merge from xbmc/master. will have to be partially rewritten.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Have to reactivate PVR backend everytime I start XBMC (pvr-margro4)0