Stream divx on my Ipad to my Apple TV 2
Hello everyone,

I just bought an Apple TV 2 and I jailbreak it with Pwnage Tool to install Xbmc.

I have some divx on my IPad 2 and I want to stream it on my apple TV throught Xbmc without using a Mac.

Is it possible?

Thanks for your answer.
jack113 Wrote:Hello everyone,

I just bought an Apple TV 2 and I jailbreak it with Pwnage Tool to install Xbmc.

I have some divx on my IPad 2 and I want to stream it on my apple TV throught Xbmc without using a Mac.

Is it possible?

Thanks for your answer.

No. Airplay can only work with files that natively play on iOS. What happens when you airplay from the iPad to the ATV2 is the iPad acts like a web server and the ATV2 just plays the file from the ipad's memory. So the iPad isn't actually playing the file itself when it uses airplay.

You could just install XBMC on your AppleTV and then use an app on the iPad to share the movie over webDAV, which is -almost- the same thing (with a lot more steps)

EDIT: read your post wrong. I see that you said you installed XBMC on the ATV2 and not the iPad, but the same is still true. Even with XBMC on the ATV2, the native ATV2 video player will take over and will quit out of XBMC. It might be possible to have XBMC play the file instead, but that would take a bit of work.
So you said that I can install an app on my IPad to share the movie over webDAV, so this will play my ipad's movies on Xbmc?

Should my Ipad be jailbroken also?

thanks.
jack113 Wrote:So you said that I can install an app on my IPad to share the movie over webDAV, so this will play my ipad's movies on Xbmc?

Should my Ipad be jailbroken also?

thanks.

It will let you use the iPad's memory to play movies on the ATV2. You don't actually have to jailbreak the ipad if you don't want to, though there are a number of great things you can do once jailbroken.

I like using an iOS app called AirSharing Pro that can be found on the app store. It's kind of like a wifi hard drive program for your iPad/iPod/iPhone, and it supports the WebDAV protocol. Basically you get the app, load the movie over (you can either drag and drop it using itunes and the USB connection, or upload it over wifi using a web browser, to load the file on your iPad). Open the app on the iPad, tap on the share-via-wifi button (just looks like the wifi icon on the bottom row). Then on XBMC on the ATV2 you add a new source using WebDAV and the local IP address of the iPad (you can find this via your router or on the ipad itself somewhere in the network settings. Often starts with 192.168.X.X or 10.0.X.X)

AirSharing Pro costs money, but if you search the app store for "webDAV" you can probably find a free app that will do the same thing if you don't want to pay for one.
Thanks a lot, I will try with Airsharing.

I hope it'll work.

I'll wrote you back. Thanks.
Hello,

I am sorry but it doesn't work. xbmc couldn't connect to the serveur.

When I add a new source in Xmbc, I choose WebDAV server protocole.

- server address: I put the IP of the Ipad, is that correct?

- target: i don't know what to put.

- Port: 80

- User: nothing.

- Password: nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your answer.
Is it possible or easier with UpNp?

Is there apps on the Apple Store to share UpNp with the Ipad?

Thanks.
you have to specify a target directory ... depends on what the ipad "exports" ... try "/" as target
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Just "/"

Is better to use WebDav or Web Directroy Service (HTTP) with Airsharing?

so I put only my IP address or the "bonjour" address?

Thanks.
Port needs to be 8080 instead of 80
I think I tried everything and xmbc always says: "impossible to connect to serveur"....

I tried with Airsharing or GoodReader:

Protocol: WebDAV or Web Directroy Service, Which one is better?

Server address: i tried to put the IP address or the "bonjour" address

Target directory: I don't know what to put because my iPad is not Jailbroken so I don't have iFile to know the directory.

I tried the Ports 80 or 8080, it don't work.

Can you please write me please exactly what I have to write in every line, it would greatfull.

Thanks in advance.

Just replace the IP in that screen shot with the IP of the iPad.
No, still unable to connect to the server......

I tried with Airsharing and with Goodreader... none of them work....

Maybe something missing in the installation?

I tried to connect to connect to my Mac Book with smb server, everything fine but I want to use it with the iPad because I use my mac book for work so I don't have it everytime at home...
jack113 Wrote:No, still unable to connect to the server......

I tried with Airsharing and with Goodreader... none of them work....

Maybe something missing in the installation?

I tried to connect to connect to my Mac Book with smb server, everything fine but I want to use it with the iPad because I use my mac book for work so I don't have it everytime at home...

That's odd, I tried it with my iPhone and it worked like it has for me in the past. I'll play around with later today and see if I have any ideas that might help you.
Ok thanks. See you later.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream divx on my Ipad to my Apple TV 20