Trouble fetching thumbnails
First off: great job on the skin, I absolutely love it!

I have quite a lot of PCs running XBMC, three locally and two externally. One of the PCs is the "master" XBMC, which updates databases and sends them to a FTP-server for the other PCs to fetch. I use this method so that if I make a change on the master, the others automatically adapt to the database-changes.

With the release of Rapier 4, I finally updated XBMC to 10.1 but stumbled across some issues with thumbnails. Before upgrading to XBMC10.1/Rapier4 the "slaves" used to auto-download the new thumbnail/fanart when the item was moused over. (slaves only have the database files, and look for the missing <moviename>.tbn and <moviename>-fanart.jpg files if I'm not mistaken)

I'm not sure if this is working properly in version 4. The slaves automatically grab the correct fanart for all movies/tv-shows, but doesnt grab any movieposters, tvseries-posters, season-posters or episode-thumbs. However... When I open the "tv-show information" or "movie information" dialog, it manages to display the correct thumbnail. Also when I play a movie or episode, it scrapes the image from the mediaserver and displays it in the list.

If I access "Videos"->"Files" and browse my movies/tv-shows there however, it autoscrapes the thumbnails as normal, and they are visible in the "Movies" and "Tv-shows" lists.

Is there something I'm not understanding, or is it a bug in the skin?
Thank you very much!

TL;DR: .tbn-thumbnails don't get scraped from mediaserver in "Movies" and "Tv-shows", but they do in "Videos"->"Files" - how come?
I am pretty sure its not a skin problem. As I understand it you are sending copies of the database folder from a master server to every client? I haven't tried this setup so I don't know how well it works. Although an ideal solution would be to use a service like Dropbox and keep the database folder there and make symbolic links/junction points for the various XBMC instances. Any changes to the database would propagate to the other other machines instantly.

You can try deleting your library database on master and rescraping or do a library update. If that doesn't work, try another skin to see if the problem persists and report back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble fetching thumbnails0