[LINUX] Problems with incorrect thumbs
Question 
Hi,

sorry if this has been answered already but I couldn't find any answer to my question here on the forum.

I'm using XBMC 10.1 on my Xtreamer Ultra in Linux.

I have the problem with incorrect thumbs for my movies in file view. When I try to update an incorrect thumb to an appropriate one, it shows it in the movie information, but it doesn't update it in the file view after I exit the movie information. When I go back to the movie information the thumb is the wrong one again.

The funny thing is that the thumbs are correct when I use database mode.

But I prefer the file view mode since I have several sources added, but in database ALL movies are summed up, which is quite confusing to me. So using file view is more comfortable to me.

I have already removed all sources re-added them, cleaned up the database, created a new database file (MyVideo34.db), removed all thumbs from the Thumbnail folder. But to no avail.

Any ideas what's going wrong here?

Thanks for any help.

CU

Spencer1234
Star 
Possible that you have more than one thumbnail in the folder... such as 'folder.jpg' and movie.tbn. In file mode folder.jpg is taken as the cover. Otherwise.. a pathing problem may exist. Use the system clean a lot.
one way to clean up your thumb grabbing is to add the year the movie came out to the file name.

moviename (year).mkv
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
@PatK:

Thanks for the information.

The folder in which the movie contains no thumbs at all. I already tried to assign the correct thumbs using Ember Media Manager, so that the correct thumbs sit side by side with the movie in the movie folder. Didn't work either. After trying I removed the jpg and nfo files from the movie folders.

@Hudson_Hawk04:

I already tried the trick with the year in brackets but I changed only the foldername not the filename of the movie inside this folder. Will give it a try.

What I don't understand is the point that in database mode the thumbs are correct. It's only the file view mode that's driving me nuts.

CU

Spencer1234

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Problems with incorrect thumbs0