Revo 3610 - 720p / 1080p problem
Question 
Hi,

I'm not sure where I should start this thread as it's not a xbmc problem though there may be an xbmc solution, and I also know that quite a few people on here use Revos and may have had a similar issue.

I've just bought a Bush LTF22M4 LCD LED 22inch TV. It's for use in the bedroom. It seems ok for that and was cheap...

Anyway...

The problem is that the tv is 1080p capable but anything I connect to it via HDMI automatically detects and outputs 720p. When I say anything I really mean the 2 things I've connected to it - an xbox 360 and a Revo 3610.

Using the same xbox/revo and HDMI cables works fine with my main TV, but they both auto-detect 720p on this new TV.

I can manually set the xbox 360 to 1080p and sure enough the TV says "1080p".

But I don't see a way of forcing the Revo to 1080p and I'm not sure that XBMC can override it?

Any body else had a similar problem?

I know 720p is probably ok anyway for a 22inch tv, but I don't know, and it's annoying all the same.

Thanks.
I'd guess the TV provides bad EDID data, quite common in cheap ones.
If you are sure it infact does 1080p (and not maybe only 1080i) you have to override the resolution in the GFX driver
The TV definitely supports 1080P.

I'm running the Dharma live version of XBMC... is there a way to force it to 1080P?

Thanks.
I guess the Revo is running ION?
if yes, I cant be of much help since I don't have nvidia. Modelines/driver settings will do the trick I suppose...

But you might have a look at the XCI script http://sourceforge.net/projects/xci/
yes look at my signature and the judder link fixes and follow it, you also will require fairly new video drivers,

The XCI script wont work in lucid, its locked to karmic because most of the option were meant for karmic. This was decided to stop people running incompatible stuff on newer distros.
Hi

Does your R3610 comes with Atom 230 or Atom 330
I've connected this TV to my PC (running Windows) and ran MonInfo to get the EDID information. It listed lots of modelines, including 1920x1080P, but the native/preferred was:

Native/preferred timing.. 1280x720p at 60Hz (16:9)

Is it possible they've just done a bad job of the EDID table, ie updated a table from a 19" 720p model and left the preferred option set to 720p? Or is it that it does physically only have 720 vertical pixels and it downsizes 1080p input to 720p? Is there any way to know that for sure?
in my experience edid is more like edidnt, you need modelines,,,

edid is your tv telling the htpc what to display per say, modelines the opposite.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revo 3610 - 720p / 1080p problem0