thetvdb scraper issues with Invader Zim DVD order
Working through my DVDs to rip into xbmc and hit an issue with Invader ZIM

The DVD episode order is different to the aired order, and I would really prefer to keep the episodes in the DVD order.

The issue is that the DVD episodes are numbered 1.0, 2.1, 2.2, 3.1, 3.2, which is obviously pretty much sideways to every other show on the planet.
http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=seasona...&order=dvd

Section of the xbmc.log is at http://pastebin.com/8JwLCLKi

As I see it, I have three options:
  • Shuffle the episodes into Aired order
  • Rip episodes together: 2.1 & 2.2 would both go into 2, which would work, but I lose the name of the second episode in the xbmc listing
  • Throw myself on the greater wisdom of the forum..

I'm hoping option '3' will pan out Smile
Season 5 has episode 5-1.1 and 5-1.2 :/
abs0 Wrote:Season 5 has episode 5-1.1 and 5-1.2 :/

Yeh, some things are ordered wrong or seemingly wrong (varying sources may disagree or conflict).

I find that when it's out of order, it's better to just go into your .nfo and fix it yourself. It's not in the community spirit, but in some cases it can just be too much a minefield to fix (regarding aired order and dvd order). So what I would do is use EMM-r to make the .nfo as thetvdb reports them. Then go and adjust them manually to the order you want.
As above, best to edit it yourself. Don't even bother asking on the tvdb forums, as the only guy that answers peoples queries about stuff is a dumbass hostile tosser (calls itself hikore or some crap)

Not sure why they bother having community input with such hostile fools running the place.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Death-Axe Wrote:As above, best to edit it yourself. Don't even bother asking on the tvdb forums, as the only guy that answers peoples queries about stuff is a dumbass hostile tosser (calls itself hikore or some crap)

Not sure why they bother having community input with such hostile fools running the place.

Ye, I never had a problem myself - but having a quick glance in the thetvdb forums is a disgusting and bitter trip.
fional Wrote:Yeh, some things are ordered wrong or seemingly wrong (varying sources may disagree or conflict).

I find that when it's out of order, it's better to just go into your .nfo and fix it yourself. It's not in the community spirit, but in some cases it can just be too much a minefield to fix (regarding aired order and dvd order). So what I would do is use EMM-r to make the .nfo as thetvdb reports them. Then go and adjust them manually to the order you want.

Apologies - my initial post was poorly phrased:

The order of the episodes themselves seem to be fine, but its the formatting of the "DVD Episode Number" field.

Specifically in the Farscape case they had a discussion http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?...285&p=5588 which since some DVD distributions had both parts of season 5 as a single episode on one disk resulted in them changing the data for season five from episode "1" and "2" to episodes "1.1" and "1.2".

I can see their logic, and its not entirely unreasonable for something which is provided as a single "episode" on (some) DVD distributions but as multiple episodes when aired to be given the same major DVD episode number, but with a fractional part.

Is it possible for XBMC to understand episodes numbers with decimal places?
If not there there is a fundamental disconnect between how thetvdb.org can number such things and xbmc...
abs0 Wrote:Is it possible for XBMC to understand episodes numbers with decimal places

No, it is not supported as of today.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
thetvdb scraper issues with Invader Zim DVD order0