TeleTube - Opera browser extension for YouTube and XBMC
Another request:

It would be BRILLIANT to have this also available for Soundcloud.

Any chance for implementation?
Spaggi Wrote:Another request:

It would be BRILLIANT to have this also available for Soundcloud.

Any chance for implementation?

Looks doable. I'm not using this service so I'll pm you when I start working on it.

But for the next few weeks I'm not going to have much time for TeleTube, so there will be no new versions for some time.
Cheers man! Take whatever time you want! Very much looking forward to this!
Thanks, this is a great addon. Works perfectly here with YouTube. I don't know how much hassle it would be to make it work with the new YouTube Design which is currently in test mode: http://www.youtube.com/cosmicpanda
I'm getting an error message now and then stating that the xbmc username and/or password is wrong. On a second try it usually works though.

One question: Would it be possible that the current playlist does not get erased when I send a youtube video to xbmc?
DarkHelmet Wrote:I'm getting an error message now and then stating that the xbmc username and/or password is wrong. On a second try it usually works though.

Do you get the message that the "device is unreachable *or* username/password is invalid" or just the message about username/password being invalid?
Unfortunately, due to a bug in Opera, it is impossible to distinguish between "unreachable" and "wrong username/password" (and the error message mentions both which is ambiguous, sorry).
So you're probably getting the first mesage (but please confirm or deny) and you may be experiencing a problem with connectivity.

Does it happen with some regularity (e.g. after the browser or XBMC has been off, some other video is playing at the time, is it in suspended mode etc.)?
Which version of XBMC are you using?

I haven't experienced such problems myself. But I'll set a password on my XBMC at home and see if it starts happening for me too.

DarkHelmet Wrote:One question: Would it be possible that the current playlist does not get erased when I send a youtube video to xbmc?

TeleTube doesn't clear the current playlist explicitly. I kind of expect XBMC to do the right thing when asked to play a video.

I don't use playlists at all, don't even have "add to playlist" mapped on my remote (but it's possible XBMC creates a current playlist implicitly whenever something is being played).
If there are some problematic use-cases let me know (ideally with step-by-step details), I'll try to test and fix them.
A new version of TeleTube has been published today.

The biggest change is the addition of support for the old HTTP API that enables operation with older versions of XBMC, most notably Boxee.

I have also added support for YouTube's new CosmicPanda site layout and made the options page a bit cleaner by hiding the content settings (BTW: is anyone using them or do you just leave the defaults? Smile ).
Any plans to open source this? I'd also like to see support for Soundcloud, for one Big Grin

Thanks for the extension! Nod
matiasw Wrote:Any plans to open source this? I'd also like to see support for Soundcloud, for one Big Grin

I plan to properly open source it eventually. But first I want to get a solid base to work with and I still have a few ideas I want to try out.

Having said that... Opera extensions are just plain CSS, HTML and JavaScript files ZIPped and given a fancy .OEX name suffix. So technically it is open source already Smile
You can download the extension, unpack it and play with the code. It is easy to add support for new content (provided that you know how to get the URL of the media file, which sometimes may be tricky).

If you, or someone else, want to have a go, e-mail me and I'll help you get started. I'll gladly accept and include in the extension any code that adds support for more websites.
I just stumbled upon this extension, but it doesn' work. I am running EDEN, Teletube can connect to my XBMC and the Play-To-TV Button appears, but when I click it, nothing happens at all.
Yup, there is indeed an error, looks like the JSON API has changed, I'll look into it.

In the meantime you might want to use an experimental UPnP version of the extension: http://teletube.studio4plus.com/upnp.html
The downside is that it requires an additional application to run. The upside is that it can talk to DLNA TVs, at least the one I have tested with, so no XBMC is necessary (but also supported).
Thanks for the quick reply. Looking forward to a fixed version, gonna wait for this. Smile

EDIT: I gave the UPNP test a quick try. It worked fine with XBMC and also my TV (Samsung UE40C6000). I am still gonna wait for the fixed "send to XBMC" version, as I don't really want to run additional software Smile (for the sake of cleanliness)
I have submitted an update to Opera's extensions catalogue, I hope it will be approved tomorrow.
Just to verify in here as well: 0.9.6 which is now available in the opera extension channel is working fine now. Cool job! :-)
yay. missed this one completely.
thx for the browser extension. opera rules.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TeleTube - Opera browser extension for YouTube and XBMC1