• 64(current)
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program
Im having the same trouble with the artists loading slowly and it only loading about 10 artists. Im also having another issue though. it isn't pulling in any albums, its only scanning extras. So i get singles and EP's for each artist I scan or add, but no albums at all.

Im running the latest GIT version on a linux machine. Im using the musicbrainz server not the headphones one as I don't have a headphones account.

Any help would be appreciated.
(2012-04-20, 17:41)shrioux Wrote: Im having the same trouble with the artists loading slowly and it only loading about 10 artists. Im also having another issue though. it isn't pulling in any albums, its only scanning extras. So i get singles and EP's for each artist I scan or add, but no albums at all.

Im running the latest GIT version on a linux machine. Im using the musicbrainz server not the headphones one as I don't have a headphones account.

I could be wrong about this, but I believe musicbrainz is throttling headphones traffic. It will be very, very slow. Rembo has mirrored the server and made it accessible after a small donation which greatly increases the access time. I'm getting about 5-10 seconds per album now. Not super fast, but better than before.
(2012-04-20, 19:53)mrkniceguy Wrote:
(2012-04-20, 17:41)shrioux Wrote: Im having the same trouble with the artists loading slowly and it only loading about 10 artists. Im also having another issue though. it isn't pulling in any albums, its only scanning extras. So i get singles and EP's for each artist I scan or add, but no albums at all.

I could be wrong about this, but I believe musicbrainz is throttling headphones traffic. It will be very, very slow. Rembo has mirrored the server and made it accessible after a small donation which greatly increases the access time. I'm getting about 5-10 seconds per album now. Not super fast, but better than before.

I understand this, Once I get it working and its working well i will consider a donation, Im still trying to test it. My major concern is that Im not gettting any albums when I pull, only ep's, singles, lives, etc...
(2012-04-20, 21:06)shrioux Wrote: I understand this, Once I get it working and its working well i will consider a donation, Im still trying to test it. My major concern is that Im not gettting any albums when I pull, only ep's, singles, lives, etc...

That is strange. I was at least getting a few before switching to the headphones server. Do you have the box checked on the Advanced Settings page for "Automatically Include Extras?"
(2012-04-20, 21:44)mrkniceguy Wrote:
(2012-04-20, 21:06)shrioux Wrote: I understand this, Once I get it working and its working well i will consider a donation, Im still trying to test it. My major concern is that Im not gettting any albums when I pull, only ep's, singles, lives, etc...

That is strange. I was at least getting a few before switching to the headphones server. Do you have the box checked on the Advanced Settings page for "Automatically Include Extras?"

no I don't, I even checked it, restarted headphones, unchecked it restarted headphones again, and its still doing the same thing.
(2012-04-20, 21:48)shrioux Wrote: no I don't, I even checked it, restarted headphones, unchecked it restarted headphones again, and its still doing the same thing.

Shoot. That's where I was going with that. Sorry, not sure what's going on. I'm sure someone else will have an idea.. hang in there. Wink
Well, the exe version was working fine but trying to use the py version I'm getting the following error. I've added the artists fine, marked the album "wanted" and the log shows the album is found on nzbmatrix, chooses the album and then spits out:

Code:
Exception in thread Thread-12:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 551, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 504, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "D:\Program Files\headphones\headphones\searcher.py", line 81, in searchf
oralbum
    foundNZB = searchNZB(result['AlbumID'], new)
  File "D:\Program Files\headphones\headphones\searcher.py", line 445, in search
NZB
    sab.sendNZB(nzb)
  File "D:\Program Files\headphones\headphones\sab.py", line 89, in sendNZB
    f = opener.open(req)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 398, in open
    req = meth(req)
  File "D:\Program Files\headphones\lib\MultipartPostHandler.py", line 48, in ht
tp_request
    boundary, data = MultipartPostHandler.multipart_encode(v_vars, v_files)
  File "D:\Program Files\headphones\lib\MultipartPostHandler.py", line 84, in mu
ltipart_encode
    buffer += '\r\n' + data_in + '\r\n'
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe4 in position 272: ordina
l not in range(128)

Nothing happens after this. Nothing downloads at all.

Any ideas?
And now I'm getting this:

Code:
500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Program Files\headphones\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "D:\Program Files\headphones\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Program Files\headphones\cherrypy\_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "D:\Program Files\headphones\headphones\webserve.py", line 143, in markAlbums
    searcher.searchforalbum(mbid, new=False)
  File "D:\Program Files\headphones\headphones\searcher.py", line 93, in searchforalbum
    foundNZB = searchNZB(albumid, new, lossless)
  File "D:\Program Files\headphones\headphones\searcher.py", line 445, in searchNZB
    sab.sendNZB(nzb)
  File "D:\Program Files\headphones\headphones\sab.py", line 89, in sendNZB
    f = opener.open(req)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 398, in open
    req = meth(req)
  File "D:\Program Files\headphones\lib\MultipartPostHandler.py", line 48, in http_request
    boundary, data = MultipartPostHandler.multipart_encode(v_vars, v_files)
  File "D:\Program Files\headphones\lib\MultipartPostHandler.py", line 84, in multipart_encode
    buffer += '\r\n' + data_in + '\r\n'
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe4 in position 272: ordinal not in range(128)
I have just started using HeadPhones. Big thanks for this. A quick question, I am just using torrents at this point, and it doesn't seem to be post-processing the files after they have been downloaded. They just sit in the completed downloads folder. If I try and force post-processing, it only checks the SAB download directory. Has this been implemented yet? Thanks
(2012-04-21, 05:49)flyingsparks Wrote: I have just started using HeadPhones. Big thanks for this. A quick question, I am just using torrents at this point, and it doesn't seem to be post-processing the files after they have been downloaded. They just sit in the completed downloads folder. If I try and force post-processing, it only checks the SAB download directory. Has this been implemented yet? Thanks

It's so stupid that this doesn't work properly yet. It was a patch so it never got well integrated.... I'll get it up and running today :-)

mrkniceguy: skidelo on github found the solution to your issue last night [link]. I'll push out the update in a few hours! :-)

As an aside, the server might be wonky today - running load tests and optimizing everything so it's back to running fast as lightning :-)

Thanks again for being patient! Love you guys!
Thanks for the update Rembo10. I popped on here real fast to say that it worked!..... once. I got one successful download, but on the next try I got the 500 error again. Tried a couple of different albums to be sure, restarted everything and still no luck. If you need logs or anything, I'm happy to share. I'll also follow the github discussion now too!

EDIT: It now appears that it's only one album. I'm going to keep using it as is because it's mostly working now. Big Grin

EDIT: It's more than one album. Seems to work ok once and a while, and then not....

Is there any documentation available for the headphones api? I cant seem to find much information about it
There's a file 'apireference' in the root git dir. Its pretty basic but explains all the functions. Let me know if want/need more functionality, but it basically has all the stuff you can do from the web interface except config stuff. I might add that in soon since it seems quite useful
(2012-04-22, 16:24)rembo10 Wrote: There's a file 'apireference' in the root git dir. Its pretty basic but explains all the functions. Let me know if want/need more functionality, but it basically has all the stuff you can do from the web interface except config stuff. I might add that in soon since it seems quite useful

I got a few suggestions regarding the API.. If user/pass are incorrect it asks for them to be entered again.. Would it be possible to return an error. Also could you add album images in album lists. I haven't tried a whole lot with the API yet, only artist and album lists so far.. I will let you know if I find any issues down the track
I cant post an issue on github so i am doing it here.
I have a problem with unicode characters.
Sigur Rós - Valtari breaks a lot of things.
I doesnt get processed, and my log page is not accessible anymore

UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 69: ordinal not in range(128)

[/code][/php]
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program9