• 69(current)
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program
Ok, so I have this installed, pointed it at my music directory an hour ago with "automatically add new artists" checked. I have 0 artists. I know it's working, as I get an error every now and then that it couldn't parse a purchased aac file, but as 99% of my stuff is mp3 with good tags, shouldn't I see at least a few artists in there by now?
Odd. If I add an artist manually it's like it's in the database, it finds what i have by that artist. So I need to manually add the people who I want to watch for new stuff?
It appears I was just impatient. Once it scans it all, it starts to add them.
Wrong again, it added some, but not all. Odd.
Is it just here or can't we use torrents to download albums? If an album is downloaded it's not renamed as it should and thus Headphones can't parse it... Or am I missing something?
Hey folks.
Please have a look at my first iOS app, HP ctrl, the mobile companion for Headphones! Smile
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131646
I am loving my installation of Headphones... What a great software.

I have a question. Mainly, I am running it on an unRAID server... I would like to be able to have 2 separate installations for Headphones on same machine. I can install them on separate folders and start them individually like this:

Code:
python /path/to/folder1/Headphones.py -d -p 8091
python /path/to/folder2/Headphones.py -d -p 8092

So basically I have my own version which will download music to a specific folder containing MY music, and my wife can do the same for HER own music folder. I would configure each version to point to the different folders and give them their own SAB categories. I really do not want to mix my library with my wife's library.

Currently I have one Headphones running on unRAID and another running on one of my OpenElec HTPCs. It is working smoothly, but I prefer to just run them on the server.

Is this possible?

EDIT: The answer is... YES YOU CAN...!! So far so good...I will post anything if I run into issues.

Thanks,

Hernando

New update: WOW! That is all.
Media Centre: Atom Dual-Core - Nvidia ION - 4GB RAM - 250GB HDD - Blu-Ray - XBMCbuntu 11.0 - ReFocus
Server: FreeNAS 8 - 8x 1TB Seagate Baracuda RAID-Z - SABnzbd - SickBeard - CouchPotato
(2012-05-23, 11:39)TehCrucible Wrote: New update: WOW! That is all.
Windows Version is also up-to-date Smile

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

If you like the new interface, consider donating a few bucks to elmarkou (the designer):
PayPal link: [email protected]

He's freed me up to do some serious work on the backend. Some improvements coming:
-Fixing torrent post processing
-Fixing "library sync", i.e. showing the number of tracks you have. Sort of hit-or-miss at this point as it depends on metadata
-Caching artist & album images which will speed up page loading
-Mobile UI
-Stability issues
-New notification backends
-Other stuff :-)

Anyways thanks again for the support. It means a lot to me and you'll be getting headphones 2.0 as a result :-)
Oh another huge thing that's coming is the ability to handle your current music collection!

So like, adding album art after it's already been post-processed (if it didn't find it originally), adding lyrics to your collection, stuff like that :-)

That's the direction headphones is heading. Hope you guys like it! :-)
Hi Rembo, 3 things:

1. New interface is awesome.
2. Love the direction you are taking the back-end
3. I'm trying to donate to get access to your private server but I click the 'sign-up' button and it doesn't do anything in Chrome or IE Sad
HTPC: Intel NUC BOXD34010WYKH1 | Panasonic TC-P50S30 | Denon AVR-1712, Jamo S606 HC3 5.0 | Logitech Harmony One
Server: Supermicro MBD-X10SL7-F-O | Intel Xeon E3-1231V3 | 16GB DDR1600 ECC | Fractal Design Node 804 | 3 WD Red 3TB, 3 WD Red 4TB, 1 WD Red 6TB
New update is very cool.
Had this loaded along time ago but is wasn't quite ready for prime time.
Tremendous improvement since I last checked in.
I just signed up for the VIP Musicbrainz mirror server and everything seems to be working
except I can't for the life of me get Post-Processing to work.
Log says "Checking to see if there are any folders to process in download_dir: /lastimp/Music"
(after I pressed Force post process) which is were headphones put the downloaded music but it never process anything.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
For Post Processing the folder has to be in this exact format Artist - Album [Year] e.g. The Cribs - In the Belly of the Brazen Bull [2012]

For the automatic Post Processing the album has to have been snatched

Force Post Process should work as long as the folder is named as above

At least that's how I think it works, hopefully someone will confirm/correct!
Music Download Directory was set to "/lastimp/Music" ("lastimp" is my username) .

All the log said was "Checking to see if there are any folders to process in download_dir: /lastimp/Music"
with no errors or promting as to why post-processing wasn't continuing.

It wasn't until I tried to add the path to my existing library which is "/lastimp/MusicLibrary" did I get
an error in the log that said something like "error: cannot find path" that I realized the paths needed to be
"/home/lastimp/Music" and /home/lastimp/MusicLibrary"

There is an example path to follow '/Users/name/Music' but to be honest even though it was my oversite
at first glance I took that to mean "/username/Music" so I never even considered that it needed to be
"/home/username/Music" if it was located in my users folder.

In conclusion, for future users I think it would be helpful if the example path at least for linux users was
something like "/home/username/Music" and maybe somekind of logging with a reminder of that if no
music is found to post-process.

Awesome program but this would have saved me hours of troubleshooting that wasn't necessary in the end.
Right, so am I correct in assuming that the only way to get rid of the 503 errors (thus have it work correctly) is to donate to get access to the private server? Sounds that way...
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program9