• 76(current)
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program
Thanks for the reply rembo. What I was hoping to use was the Advanced Encoding Options. I'm assuming there's no way of using that to just convert to MP3 and save to a different folder?

Also, I was hoping to cleanup and re-organize my library. Is it possible to force a complete re-org of all of my existing files to put them into my specified folder structure or Artist\Album [Year]?
bisk: I've started working on it already - basically if you tell the encoder not to delete your flac files, you can give it a path to move them to (it'll use the same folder structure as the encoded files)

For your second question - I would give the full beets a try. That's what headphones uses as its backend tagger. You can point it at a folder, and tell it to tag and move the files to another folder. That's what I used to reorganize my library a few months ago:
http://github.com/sampsyo/beets

On another note - the develop branch has a new feature where you can point headphones to a different album version than the default - e.g. if you have the Japanese vinyl version of some album, just tell headphones to use that version and your tracks will match up correctly :-) (i'm gonna make this process automatic before I push it into master)
how do i make headphones use the full web interface when being accessed from an external ip?

when i access it from the computer its running on, it looks great, but when i access it from adifferent computer on the network, it looks like this-

Hi all,

Can someone share thier working background startup solution?

I've tried everything created this shortcut and put it in the startup folder and nothing happens
Quote:C:\Python27\pythonw.exe C:\Headphones\Headphones.py

This works with CouchPotato and by using pythonw.exe it makes it run in the background.

(2012-08-15, 15:16)rembo10 Wrote: bisk: I've started working on it already - basically if you tell the encoder not to delete your flac files, you can give it a path to move them to (it'll use the same folder structure as the encoded files)

For your second question - I would give the full beets a try. That's what headphones uses as its backend tagger. You can point it at a folder, and tell it to tag and move the files to another folder. That's what I used to reorganize my library a few months ago:
http://github.com/sampsyo/beets

On another note - the develop branch has a new feature where you can point headphones to a different album version than the default - e.g. if you have the Japanese vinyl version of some album, just tell headphones to use that version and your tracks will match up correctly :-) (i'm gonna make this process automatic before I push it into master)

I've updated to the new version posted today and I see that under Post-Processing there's an option "Path to Lossless Destination folder (optional)". Does this mean that it will be possible to have Headphones download both the Lossless and MP3 version of an album? I currently have Headphones set to download the lossless version only. What would be nice is to have the option to download both the MP3 and Lossless version and put each version into their respective folders
(2012-08-18, 00:02)bisk Wrote: I've updated to the new version posted today and I see that under Post-Processing there's an option "Path to Lossless Destination folder (optional)". Does this mean that it will be possible to have Headphones download both the Lossless and MP3 version of an album? I currently have Headphones set to download the lossless version only. What would be nice is to have the option to download both the MP3 and Lossless version and put each version into their respective folders

Ah - no not yet. What you can do now is download the lossless, convert to mp3 (untick the 'delete lossless files after encoding' option) and if you have the lossless directory set, it'll move the lossless files there and the mp3 files to the lossy directory.
Is there future plans to support Notifo like CP and SB?
(2012-08-18, 15:49)AaronG85 Wrote: Is there future plans to support Notifo like CP and SB?

Would be kind of pointless as notifo is shutting down.. unless someone came thru to save them
Now me Sad, I didn't know about this till i set everything up, but thank you for pointing this out.
I want to give headphones a go, I have it all set up and can access it fine..

HOWEVER:

It is not doing a very good job at adding my library of music.. It will add a couple of artists, then get stuck, or add a couple of artists then fails etc ect.
I have a 50gb music folder organised Music > Artist > Albums By artist an it just isnt working.

Any suggestions on ow to get it working?
I had to modify a lot of the importer/library scanning code over the last few days, and there seems to be a problem with 'NoneType' artists being passed to the muskcbrainz query (even though I've set up filters everywhere to catch them). If you can run headphones from the terminal/cmd prompt amd post any tracebacks you get on either:
http://github.com/rembo10/headphones/issues
or
http://headphones.codeshy.com/forum

I'll be able to fix this a lot faster.

Thanks
rembo
(2012-08-20, 11:51)Jetpac Wrote: I want to give headphones a go, I have it all set up and can access it fine..

HOWEVER:

It is not doing a very good job at adding my library of music.. It will add a couple of artists, then get stuck, or add a couple of artists then fails etc ect.
I have a 50gb music folder organised Music > Artist > Albums By artist an it just isnt working.

Any suggestions on ow to get it working?

Try running the the library scanner, and then just leave headphones.. let it do its thing for a few hours if need be. If you are really concerned about the process, go into your headphones install folder and see if the database file is being updated/increasing in size.

I have 100+ gig of music and A LOT of unrecognized bands on musicbrainz, it took me a few good hours if I remember correctly to populate that list using that method.

HEADPHONES is telling me that there is a new update and it is 67 commits behind.

So I click on UPDATE, and HEADPHONES displays the "Headphones is Updating..." page, but when it's finished it still says there is an update it is 67 commits behind.

I have performed a git clone and I still get the same message,

HP says version is 9 0 1 8 7 3 9 9 9 c 7 a 2 b c 5 a f 8 d e b 5 b b b b 5 9 6 7 d 8 5 6 8 6 7 4 5.

Any ideas how I can resolve this please ??

TIA.
Hello.

I tried to find the answer to my question but was unable to.

When scanning your music folder for artists to add into headphones... Does the folder need to be populated with music or can it be empty? I have added several (a few thousand) folders of artists I like, but I haven't populated them with any music as I wanted to start from scratch. I used a few dos commands to create the folders from a list (not that it should affect the scanning) and it doesn't see the artists on headphones.

Hope that made sense.
(2012-08-18, 09:46)rembo10 Wrote: What you can do now is download the lossless, convert to mp3 (untick the 'delete lossless files after encoding' option) and if you have the lossless directory set, it'll move the lossless files there and the mp3 files to the lossy directory.

rembo, the conversion of FLAC to MP3 is working well with one small issue. The MP3s that ffmpeg is generating don't have the tags applied to them. Looking at the logs I think the Re-Encoding is happening before the Metadata is applied...
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program9