• 95(current)
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program
(2014-05-21, 22:42)wpbpete Wrote: Dilligaf,
Thanks man, it's working perfectly.
FYI so it may help others,
I didn't need to clone Headphones with TortoiseGit, just had to dl the Git zip.
Also only copied from the Win32 folder the following,
Shutdown Headphones
copied files: cache, config.ini, headphones.db, logs
click Headphones.py and good to go
thanks again
Smile

Rembo10,
The new update features looks very cool, thanks

Hey, I did exactly this, but I still get the dos window hanging around. There is no pythonw.exe that I've seen. Did you figure out how to solve this? I don't mind it there, I'd just prefer I have the ability to have it hidden.

EDIT: Actually, doing this has caused an error somehow with headphones if I tell it to save changes and scan :/

any ideas from this log anyone?

Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\squatingyeti\Downloads\headphones-master\headphones\logger.py", line 139, in new_run
old_run(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\Python\lib\threading.py", line 763, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "C:\Users\squatingyeti\Downloads\headphones-master\headphones\librarysync.py", line 64, in libraryScan
encoded_track_string = track['Location'].encode(headphones.SYS_ENCODING)
File "C:\Program Files\Python\lib\encodings\cp1252.py", line 12, in encode
return codecs.charmap_encode(input,errors,encoding_table)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't encode character u'\ufffd' in position 97: character maps to
(2014-05-24, 03:18)squatingyeti Wrote:
Shutdown Headphones
thanks again
Smile

Rembo10,

Hey, I did exactly this, but I still get the dos window hanging around. There is no pythonw.exe that I've seen. Did you figure out how to solve this? I don't mind it there, I'd just prefer I have the ability to have it hidden.

If you go to python install folder it should be there
Python should install to c:\Python27 and in this folder there should be python.exe and pythonw.exe if you right click on headphones.py in the headphones directory you can select open with and then browse to pythonw.exe If python is installed in Program Files then remove it and let it install to its default location ( c:\python27 ) as spaces in its path can cause problems
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2014-05-24, 04:00)Dilligaf Wrote: Python should install to c:\Python27 and in this folder there should be python.exe and pythonw.exe if you right click on headphones.py in the headphones directory you can select open with and then browse to pythonw.exe If python is installed in Program Files then remove it and let it install to its default location ( c:\python27 ) as spaces in its path can cause problems

Thank you!
(2014-05-24, 15:12)squatingyeti Wrote:
(2014-05-24, 04:00)Dilligaf Wrote: Python should install to c:\Python27 and in this folder there should be python.exe and pythonw.exe if you right click on headphones.py in the headphones directory you can select open with and then browse to pythonw.exe If python is installed in Program Files then remove it and let it install to its default location ( c:\python27 ) as spaces in its path can cause problems

Thank you!
+1
(2014-05-24, 03:18)squatingyeti Wrote:
Shutdown Headphones
thanks again
Smile

Rembo10,

EDIT: Actually, doing this has caused an error somehow with headphones if I tell it to save changes and scan :/

any ideas from this log anyone?

File "C:\Users\squatingyeti\Downloads\headphones-master\headphones\logger.py", line 139, in new_run
old_run(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\Python\lib\threading.py", line 763, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "C:\Users\squatingyeti\Downloads\headphones-master\headphones\librarysync.py", line 64, in libraryScan
encoded_track_string = track['Location'].encode(headphones.SYS_ENCODING)
File "C:\Program Files\Python\lib\encodings\cp1252.py", line 12, in encode
return codecs.charmap_encode(input,errors,encoding_table)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't encode character u'\ufffd' in position 97: character maps to

I'm getting this error on OSX, how do I fix it?

Code:
File "/Users/mc/Headphones/headphones/logger.py", line 139, in new_run
old_run(*args, **kwargs)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 477, in run
File "/Users/mc/Headphones/headphones/updater.py", line 30, in dbUpdate
importer.addArtisttoDB(artistid=artistid, extrasonly=False, forcefull=forcefull)
File "/Users/mc/Headphones/headphones/importer.py", line 470, in addArtisttoDB
cache.getThumb(AlbumID=rg['id'])
File "/Users/mc/Headphones/headphones/cache.py", line 420, in getThumb
artwork_path = c.get_thumb_from_cache(ArtistID, AlbumID)
File "/Users/mc/Headphones/headphones/cache.py", line 171, in get_thumb_from_cache
self._update_cache()
File "/Users/mc/Headphones/headphones/cache.py", line 285, in _update_cache
data = lastfm.request_lastfm("album.getinfo", artist=dbartist['ArtistName'], album=dbartist['AlbumTitle'], api_key=lastfm_apikey)
File "/Users/mc/Headphones/headphones/lastfm.py", line 43, in request_lastfm
data = request.request_json(ENTRY_POINT, timeout=20, params=kwargs)
File "/Users/mc/Headphones/headphones/request.py", line 100, in request_json
response = request_response(url, **kwargs)
File "/Users/mc/Headphones/headphones/request.py", line 32, in request_response
response = request_method(url, **kwargs)
File "lib/requests/api.py", line 55, in get
File "lib/requests/api.py", line 44, in request
File "lib/requests/sessions.py", line 383, in request
File "lib/requests/sessions.py", line 486, in send
File "lib/requests/adapters.py", line 330, in send
File "lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 480, in urlopen
File "lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 285, in _make_request
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 874, in request
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 911, in _send_request
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 868, in endheaders
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 740, in _send_output
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/httplib.py", line 699, in send
File "lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 89, in connect
File "lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 83, in _prepare_conn
AttributeError: 'HTTPConnection' object has no attribute '_tunnel_host'
Sussed it, did this:

Shutdown Headphones
thanks again
Smile

Rembo10,

and I updated python.
For anyone interested; I've build a MusicBrainz mirror at http://musicbrainz.dofl.nl
can you please tell me how to download mp3 only?
I just want 320kbps mp3s, "Auto-Detect Preferred Bitrate" will do the trick?
"mp3" in "Required Words"?

thank you!
Under Quality and Post Processing set 'Preferred Bitrate' to 320
And underneath it in Ignored words fill in things like FLAC, 128, VBS, etc.
i've looked around but don't really see any feedback on this. What is the best way to handle 'Various Artist' items? I have many collections and movie soundtracks that are sitting in my unmatched section because I can't get them to match up without duplication. I added a couple manually, but then I see two sets of tracks listed under that album. One set showing what I have, the other saying they are wanted.

Another question, I love how when you view and artist, it pulls the songkick info so you can see the touring schedule. Is there any way to collect this all onto another view? so you could go see a page of when ALL of your artists are touring and where?
i have a finished album, all 16 tracks are there, but it says 32/16, then when i look at the album it shows 16 tracks in green and 16 tracks in blue, is this how its intended to be or am i doing something wrong?

thank you
If I get this "ERROR Unable to connect to remote host." Does this mean that my details for the VIP server are wrong?
I can't get it to load. I installed Python and followed all of the instructions. I use SabNZB and am familiar with the territory just can't figure out why this won't load?

Thanks!!

BP

(2011-06-17, 18:21)rembo10 Wrote: Headphones is an automated NZB downloader, similar to Sick Beard and CouchPotato, but for music!

Most of it is pretty automated - click a button and your whole music library gets imported.... or if you prefer, you can add your favorite artists in one by one.

It'll let you know when one of the artists on your list is coming out with a new album, and it will grab the nzb/torrent it as soon as it's available

You can get the source here: http://github.com/rembo10/headphones
And post issues/bugs/feature requests here: http://github.com/rembo10/headphones/issues

Screenshots:

Run 'python Headphones.py' from the command line, or 'python Headphones.py --help' to get more options.

It will launch on port 8181 by default... just run 'python Headphones.py -p portnumber' to change it.

The latest version will always be available at: http://github.com/rembo10/headphones

HenryFord was nice enough to make a windows .exe, which he keeps updated at:
http://www.tbueter.com/tools/headphones_win32build.zip

If you have any issues, post them over at github.
Got the following problem. Installed Headphones on my NAS running Python 2.5, got an error:

Code:
/opt/share/headphones/Headphones.py:103: Warning: 'with' will become a reserved keyword in Python 2.6
  File "/opt/share/headphones/Headphones.py", line 103
    with open(headphones.PIDFILE, 'w') as fp:
            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Solved the error by adding 'from __future__ import with_statement' to Headphones.py. Now I get:

Code:
File "/opt/share/headphones/Headphones.py", line 105
    except IOError as e:
                    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Line 105 in bold:

Code:
# The pidfile is only useful in daemon mode, make sure we can write the file properly
        if headphones.DAEMON:
            headphones.CREATEPID = True

try:
                with open(headphones.PIDFILE, 'w') as fp:
                    fp.write("pid\n")
            [b]except IOError as e:[[/b]
                raise SystemExit("Unable to write PID file: %s [%d]", e.strerror, e.errno)
        else:
            logger.warn("Not running in daemon mode. PID file creation disabled.")

Now the Obvious solution would be to upgrade to python 2.6, but my NAS is extremely picky about installing it. So does anyone know how to get HP running with python 2.5?
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program9