• 88(current)
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program
Feature request:

Consider adding http://itunes.apple.com/rss automation so that Headphones can pull a custom RSS list that will be added to the wanted list...

(2013-06-09, 19:45)jakks Wrote: Just wondering how easy it would be so headphones creates artist/album metadata? so it would automatically create the following files

artist.nfo
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg
album.nfo

I guessing all this can be pulled using something similar to the universal artist scraper / universal album scraper or http://www.theaudiodb.com?

Thanks

BUMP on this feature... I believe some of the opensource python libs in cdartmanager addon could be used...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I installed this on Windows and everything was great. I want this on my Ubuntu box. The install was fine. I want to set up the downloads folder to a Windows share. I've tried \\computer\music, //computer/music, etc. smb://computer/music. I tried smb://192.168.1.139/music, etc. It can't find it. I do have access to those folders on my Linux box. Maybe someone here can tell me what I need to do. I appreciate you looking!
Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Had some personal stuff I had to take care of for a while. Back now though and headphones will be back under heavy development.

As a bonus for VIP members: headphones now has its own indexer. Just update to the latest version to enable it. Hopefully this will improve the whole experience after a couple of the big ones went down

Thanks!
Great news!
I'll resume to build the windows file at least 2 times a week then Smile

(New build should be up in a few minutes)
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2013-07-17, 03:13)bzellinger Wrote: I installed this on Windows and everything was great. I want this on my Ubuntu box. The install was fine. I want to set up the downloads folder to a Windows share. I've tried \\computer\music, //computer/music, etc. smb://computer/music. I tried smb://192.168.1.139/music, etc. It can't find it. I do have access to those folders on my Linux box. Maybe someone here can tell me what I need to do. I appreciate you looking!

Having similar issues linking openelec to my nsa325. Tried IP address, Smb:// etc. case sensitive. Any tips welcome. Thanks.
(2013-07-21, 21:08)rembo10 Wrote: Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Had some personal stuff I had to take care of for a while. Back now though and headphones will be back under heavy development.

As a bonus for VIP members: headphones now has its own indexer. Just update to the latest version to enable it. Hopefully this will improve the whole experience after a couple of the big ones went down

Thanks!

First of all, thanks for the MusicBrainz mirror and now indexer!!! Fantastic. I just bought my VIP membership.

I am getting some weird results with your MusicBrainz mirror though...

Code:
Found an artist with a disambiguation: The Beatles - doing an album based search

Artist ID for 'The Beatles' is either blacklisted or Various Artists. To add artist, you must do it manually (Artist ID: b10bbbfc-cf9e-42e0-be17-e2c3e1d2600d)

I get this for every artist, and nothing gets added to the list of albums or artists. Any idea what's going on?
OK. I figured out what is going on. While playing with my database, I deleted those artists. I guess that puts them on a blacklist. It would be nice if we could edit the blacklist. Is there a way to remove albums or artists from the "Manage" pages without putting them on the blacklist?
I can't save my config when accessing headphones anymore, it keeps saying "There was an error". Nothing gets logged, a little annoying.
Having just donated for the VIP server, is anyone able to give me the syntax for the VIP server details in their config.ini;
i.e.:
Code:
[Headphones]
headphones_indexer = 1
Where can I buy the VIP account, and is it worth it?
http://headphones.codeshy.com/vip/

It comes with it's own usenet indexer as well as musicbrainz server. I believe it allows more API hits than musicbrainz per day, so yeah, pretty good for large collections.

I'd tell you more once I have my settings sorted out!

Any help here? Running WHS2011 and whenever I try to change my settings and hit save it comes up with "There was an error" and that is it. I've tried changing permissions and it still won't work.
Everything is working great with the VIP access, glad I got it Big Grin

I just wish there was an option to "Mark selected albums as Archive" which forces it to recognize the album as downloaded!
(Some of my albums have songs missing no matter how I tag the Meta Data)

Can anyone tell me what tags are important, for it to LINK the mp3 to your database? I've tried everything using Mp3Tag! Confused
(2013-08-23, 12:33)Keeper Wrote: Everything is working great with the VIP access, glad I got it Big Grin

Good, as a favour, can you show me the part in config.ini that has the VIP server points so I can add mine manually as it won't let me save my config on the frontend?
(2013-08-24, 05:29)guy_smiley:) Wrote:
(2013-08-23, 12:33)Keeper Wrote: Everything is working great with the VIP access, glad I got it Big Grin

Good, as a favour, can you show me the part in config.ini that has the VIP server points so I can add mine manually as it won't let me save my config on the frontend?

Under the [Headphones] section there is only this entry:
headphones_indexer = 1

Under [General] there are these:
hpuser = Your VIP Username
hppass = Your VIP password

Hope that helps? (I don't know what "server points" are)

I just wish there was an option to "Mark selected albums as Archive" which forces it to recognize the album as downloaded!
(Some of my albums have songs missing no matter how I tag the Meta Data)

Can anyone tell me what tags are important, for it to LINK the mp3 to your database? I've tried everything using Mp3Tag! Confused

The are multiple factors that determine how Headphones matches your existing albums to it's own (or official) MusicBrainz server. In my experience, Headphones seems to "default" to selecting the release with the most tracks and then making it it's default release. Therefore if you own a release with less tracks it gives you the option to re-search for an upgraded version.

Also, in order to use the "Alternate release" feature, your tracks seem to need to be named exactly as the MusicBrainz entry lists them including any special characters present in the song title (whether correct or not) and be of exactly the same track length for each track. For some albums/artists there may be releases from multiple countries that you can find a match from one to go with your copy, but this does depend on the original entry author/creator putting the time in to make sure his/her submission is relevant and/or accurate. MusicBrainz (and thus Headphones) can be somewhat hit-and-miss for some artists in this regard.
I use musicbrainz picard

https://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Picard

Work great for match my cds for headhones
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program9