• 96(current)
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program
Or perhaps I can use one of the older versions of Headphones?
I have just installed Headphones on my HTPC and I'm thinking of maybe setup a local Musicbrainz mirror.

Anyway I have the following questions for those who are more experienced than me with musicbrainz:

1-Is a local mirror really worth it?

2-How much disk space the mirror required aproximately?

Thank you!
It's a real pita and headphones isn't worth messing with anyway.

(2014-10-25, 02:18)CaptainHarlock Wrote: I have just installed Headphones on my HTPC and I'm thinking of maybe setup a local Musicbrainz mirror.

Anyway I have the following questions for those who are more experienced than me with musicbrainz:

Thank you!

From what I understand it's about 17 gig. Dunno if it's worth it, I passed on it because of the large number of dependencies.
I had a Musicbrainz mirror running in VirtualBox on my windows server, you can download a virtual image from Musicbrainz, it's not that hard. Instructions are available on their site. Is it worth it is up to you, try it and see.

The Folder that contains the image is about 18 gig
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
I donated to the private one and it's been working pretty solidly for about a year. Headphones is getting pretty regular updates these days as well, and it's working very nicely at the moment.
(2014-10-25, 02:18)CaptainHarlock Wrote: I have just installed Headphones on my HTPC and I'm thinking of maybe setup a local Musicbrainz mirror.

Thank you!

I have a local musicbrainz server running in a VM on my ubunbu headless server, and I couldn't live with out it.

I use beets and constantly shuffle and replace albums with better quality and just use beets to scan them in and have it query my local MB server makes it much faster.

Tracks: 79269
Total time: 30.7 weeks (18583291.16 seconds)
Total size: 522.0 GB
Artists: 9097
Albums: 5450
Album artists: 2336

I've retagged it many times with beets to make them all perfect and with local I don't have to worry about hitting a limit.

my VM with musicbrainz server is about 70gb but i have a few extra gb fro growth... but it is generally pretty big, 30+ at least.
Hi!

I just installed Headphones on my Synology DS414j and I'm having problems importing my library.

I entered my library path, it scanned and I got the following result:

Code:
2014-11-08 18:54:24    INFO    Importing 310 new artists
2014-11-08 18:54:24    INFO    Found 310 new artists

However, when I go to the home page, it only shows 31 artists, and not all of them have the complete information.

Code:
Showing 1 to 31 of 31 artists

I already tried several times, deleting the DB to restart, reinstalling Headphones, but I'm never able to get the complete library! I even tried with both musicbrainz.com and headphones muzibrains mirror, but the result is the same.

If, after the import, I search for one of the artists not present in the library and refresh it individually, it starts showing in the list.

Is this normal? Am I missing something?

The download and post processing is working flawlessly, by the way!
I found getting the Library right took quite a bit of time. My guess is the 31 it found have exact spelling matches on MusicBrainz (or wherever it scrapes from) and there are no other artists of the same name.

The remainder you probably need to match up manually, then they'll appear on your home page. It's going to be the case that some artists have the same name (there are loads of artists called 'Plan B' for example) and you need to pick the correct one. There may be some spelling issues (I had a real issue with Beyoncé).

It's takes a while to get it straight, but is worth it once it's done.
I did a fresh install of Headphones on a Raspberry, but I'm having trouble getting it to scrape right. First scrape it started downloading backlog albums that were already in my collection as soon as it indexed the first album of any artists. So I turned off the option to add missing albums as wanted.

Now Headphones properly adds all artists, but all the albums are skipped, even the ones that are already in my collection. Tried researching, but album status remains the same. Then tried Manage > Albums > Skipped, but that one just timed out.

Btw, I'm using the stable-branch pulled from git some 2 weeks ago (the one with the unknown version number), and Tranquilbase as MB-mirror (no errors in the logs regarding MB).
Is there a way to force a post-process via curl? I am setting up a script to clean my music downloads folder that uses beets but would like HP to post process it's files first before beets get to it.
Got another problem. Postprocessing doesn't seem to work, HP doesn't seem to have the proper rights. Albums are being tagged in the finished-folder, but not moved to the music-folder.

Part of the log:

Code:
2014-11-17 19:36:20 ERROR Could not change permissions for file: /mnt/thuisserver/downloads/finished/(2011) Wars of the Roses/02 - Ulver - Norwegian Gothic.mp3
2014-11-17 19:36:20 INFO Updating file permissions in /mnt/thuisserver/downloads/finished/(2011) Wars of the Roses
2014-11-17 19:36:20 ERROR Could not create folder for Wars of the Roses. Not moving: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/mnt/thuisserver/Shared Music/Ulver/Wars of the Roses'

Some ls -l on the source dir:

Code:
drwxrwxrwx   5          99 pi  65536 nov 11 11:06 downloads

And on the destination dir:

Code:
drwxrwxrwx 856          99 pi  65536 nov 17 12:25 Shared Music

Couchpotato and Sickbeard run under the same user (pi) too and don't seem to have any probs, albeit using a different folder.

Any thoughts?
Hello, I did a fresh install of Headphones on a Ubuntu server, set everything up for torrent use, and even managed to download a few albums (search by artist doesn't seem to work properly, but I will deal with that later). The problem I am seeing is that after it has finished downloading it doesn't show that it has the tracks, for instance for the album 1989 (just has an artist ID string and not the artist name) it shows as snatched and 0/19 tracks, even though the download has finished and has even finished seeding.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Lightbulb 
Any chance of skin support? I have a custom skin that I use, and others may like it, as well as the ability to make their own. To change to this skin in particular, the user would simply replace the "default" folder in the \\Headphones\data\interfaces directory, then restart Headphones. Maybe create a picklist in the advanced settings tab to select which skin (folder) to use for the layout(?)

My "HeadShot" Headphones skin:

watch gallery
this tread is in doommm.....it's a shame..............because, the program is revolutionary
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program9