[LIVE]IR Remote not working even after disabled from hal
I have XBMC live (10.1) installed to a CF card in a CF-IDE adapter on my new HTPC.
The card is a Technotrend S1500

I have been trying for 3 days to get this remote working.

I installed evtest and it shows the buttons and works perfectly at detecting them from /dev/input/event4

However after setting up LIRC using 'irrecord' the remote still wasnt working properly. irw gave no output except what the remote spammed to the console.

I get up/down/left/right, the numbers and the volume buttons and that is about it, play and pause sometimes work and only 3/5 button presses are detected. I got this out of the box and nothing has changed since setting up LIRC. Enter/OK and back/Exit/Power buttons arent working.

The numbers/directions output to the console if you press them while in console.

I have added the remote in every way possible to the lirc.fdi file in /usr/share/hal/fdi/preprobe/20thirdparty/
It shows up under
lshal | less
as info.ignore = true

So I don't know why the remote is still treated like a keyboard when lshal says it's ignoring it and why nothing shows up on IRW.

Thanks in advanced for any info that could help!
Solved this problem by using info from here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Str..._PC_Remote

to add:
Quote:Section "InputClass"
Identifier "Ignore Budget-CI"
MatchProduct "Budget-CI dvb ir receiver"
MatchIsKeyboard "true"
Option "Ignore" "true"
EndSection
to the end of /etx/X11/xorg.conf

Since these changes XBMC live seems painfully slow to start up, stuck on the screen with 5 dots for ages, but at least irw is now working and the remote isn't being seen as a keyboard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE]IR Remote not working even after disabled from hal0