Power management not working when XBMC running
I recently installed XBMC (10.1) on two computers at home (And love it so far!). One has Windows 7, the other is XP. I'm having issues where power management is not working properly on the XP machine while XBMC is running (everything works fine on W7). I believe that I have them both set up the same way, but the display never powers down, or the system doesn't suspend (sleep?) while XBMC is running on XP. If I shut down XBMC, power management does work. XBMC's screen saver does dim the screen, so I know it's idle, but Windows' power management rules never kick in.

Any thoughts?
If you go to settings->system->power saving you can set a idle timer for display shutdown and one for suspend/sleep
Well that definitely worked. Thanks! All those items were set to off on my w7 machine though, but it still worked. The power management in w7 must be more tenacious than that of XP.

Thanks again,
-S

kakkerlakken123 Wrote:If you go to settings->system->power saving you can set a idle timer for display shutdown and one for suspend/sleep

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Power management not working when XBMC running0