**New Official XBMC Remote**
Some New Hardware To Go With Our New Mascot

After seeing the results of the mascot contest i thought this would fit with the direction XBMC seems to be going in.

And Please Dont Call.

I just wanna say that I love XBMC and have been using it since the beginning and will continue to use it.
But I really think that the new mascot dosent work for XBMC. da-anda did a really nice job in designing zappy, but my opinion is it should not be used to represent the program.
Yes, im totaly agree with you. Im hoping they wont bring this mascot on home screen. It will ruin any look of mature mediacenter that XBMC has now.
I would just like to point out that Zappy will not be going into a skin or the ui of xbmc at all except for maybe in an "about xbmc" screen that we don't even have he is a mascot much like the linux penguin and is merely a symbol to represent us much like TUX and like tux you wont see him in everything xbmc
Great work on the creative advertisement there - nicely done. Zappy would approve!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:...... Zappy would approve!

he already did look at the bottom right Smile
So you've registered just to post this and moan about zappy? Go home
Can we get some examples on where the new mascot will be used? Can't really imagine where he would fit in.
p-kard, you crack me up!!! too funny!
Briam, that hasn't especially been decided yet, but my personal feeling is that he'd be used in places where he fits. For example, XBMC goes to two or three trade shows a year. It'd be nice to have a plush doll to bring to those. He might be a fun thing to have sprinkled through the wiki, particularly the parts of the wiki that are designed for beginners. He'd also be awesome to include as an avatar replacement (see Spiff).

He would not fit in Confluence. He might theoretically fit in the website, but only after a redesign that nobody's really contemplating. And, of course, if some skilled skinner decided to make a zappy inspired skin, we wouldn't stop them, because I imagine that'd be funny.
Wow, one of the worst posts in the whole history of XBMC.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
ashlar Wrote:Wow, one of the worst posts in the whole history of XBMC.
Im not trying to insult anyone , I just thought i would inject some humor into what i consider to be a truly horrible situation.

Maybe i have a strange sense of humor.
It is indeed a truly horrible situation. This is the end of XBMC as we know it!!!!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

P-Kard Wrote:Im not trying to insult anyone , I just thought i would inject some humor into what i consider to be a truly horrible situation.

and how did that work out for you?

P-Kard Wrote:Maybe i have a strange sense of humor.

you don't say, really?
This thread is such a disappointment. I saw the title and said FINALLY XBMC gets an offical, fully functioning remote.

I have tried several remotes for Win XP and I finally gave up.
The choice is starting to make sense to me and i can see why many of the other popular entries wouldn't have been usable.

Zappy gives a lot of possibilities interacting with loads of other stuff, like the android mascot which can be seen in loads of different situations. This would be hard if the mascot was a sleek looking fish Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
**New Official XBMC Remote**0