Ifilm script problem today?
hey,

is anyone else having a problem with the ifilm script today or is it just me?

i can play the viral videos because they launch when you clikc the title but for other sections where the script takes you to another page (scrolling description on top, click title again to play) ... there is nothing on the second page to click anymore

can someone else check their xbox and let me know if its just my problem or it has nothing to do with me? thanks

it was working as of last night so i am not sure whats up

thanks
can someone else check their ifilm browser and let me know if the problem is just me or its everyone?

thanks
i'm having the same problem.
Sad 
yup same here just came to check i wasnt alone. anyone know whats up or do we just wait for it to fix itself. lol :nuts:
i have the same problem too, i think a fix is on the way.
Quote:sean mcgee @ xbmc.org

aprox 24 hours ago i've noticed that the ifilm browser is no longer working. it's only the pages which bring up a sub page with the synopsis of what you're about to watch (ie everything bar viral videos).
i have figured out that they (ifilm) have changed the name of their javascript function from being.
javascript:playvideo
to
javascript:launchplayer
which is what the script uses to find the links on the synopsis page.
accordingly i've made changes to the string within ifilmbrowse2.py to support the new naming convention.
also it would appear that they may now have ' ' (quotation marks) around the id of the film you're wishing to view.
again i've made changes on my machine.
to make the changes which i have made go to the ifilmbrowse2.py script and replace the line making reference to javascript (there's only one of them) to the following:
linkre = re.compile('"javascript:launchplayer\(\'(.+?)\', .*<div class="ftmargin head2">\s*(.+?)\s$\s*</div>',re.multiline + re.dotall)
hopefully that will post without any characters getting stripped.
note that my solution has the extreme limitation of only displaying one link off the synopsis page, so that when their are multiple links on the synopsis page it only grabs the first video link and calls it by the name of the last video link on the page. i'm buggered though it's 2:19am here i started working on this two hours ago and just finished. not bad for someone who's never read a python script until two hours ago Smile i'm sure someone out there will look at my solution and go "oh! blah blah blah fixed!".
but just thought i'd share anyway, love these python scripts they're great for watching videos off the internet on the xbox.

i only use mine for viral stuff, so i'm fine, but i came across this post at another forum... hope it helps.
thanx for the post supadawg. that fixed it.
thanks to everyone who helped find and fix the problem
thanks supadawg for the tip. mine is now working as you describe. i.e. only the first movie clip appears where there were multiples before. for example movies->"phantom of the opera". the only video that is clip that is listed and playable is "sword fight" and not the trailers that used to be there.

is there a way to make it the way it was?

after installing xmbc on a few friends xboxes they are calling me about it now too.

python is not my thing or i'd take a crack at it.

dsiminiuk
hi,

to make the ifilm script work like before with all different sublinks showing, change the line

Quote:linkre = re.compile('"javascript:playvideo\((.+?),56.+?<div class="ftmargin head2">\s*(.+?)\s$\s*</div>',re.multiline + re.dotall)

to

Quote:linkre = re.compile('"javascript:launchplayer\(\'(.+?)\', \'default\'.+?<div class="ftmargin head2">\s*(.+?)\s$\s*</div>',re.multiline + re.dotall)

in your ifilmbrowser.py script, and everything should work fine again. this hasn't been extensively tested, of course, but a few quick tests showed it just working fine for multiple subentries.
tested and working here. thank you very much.

dsiminiuk
now for some reason i click on the name, then the video i want in the subcategory, it looks like its gunna load & play but then flicks to a black screen & then back to the subcategory selection screen

(btw, i am using the 3-4?-05 xbmc)
(eppitek @ mar. 08 2005,04:28 Wrote:now for some reason i click on the name, then the video i want in the subcategory, it looks like its gunna load & play but then flicks to a black screen & then back to the subcategory selection screen

(btw, i am using the 3-4?-05 xbmc)
that build has a known problem with http streaming. so you will need to get another (newer or older) for ifilm playback.
thanks for the fix
up and running again
:bowdown: :thumbsup:
could someone please post a link to a working ifilm and ifilm2 script?

because my changes does not seem to work.... Image

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ifilm script problem today?0