Movie scraping not working, my end or are they broken?
I think the real problem behind the error is the new scraper not finding the movies. The error handling seems to be broken, yes, but why can't the new scraper find movies the old one found without any difficulties?
Vero 4k+ - Apple TV 4k - Odroid N2 | Yamaha RX-V483 | Sony 55XE9305 | Synology DS916+
Also a FYI, if you find the popup query is annoying, you can set the videoscanner to ignore errors in advancedsettings.xml: Advancedsettings.xml <videoscanner>. Then you can simply enter the search string manually for the videos that are not found.
mozomo Wrote:I think the real problem behind the error is the new scraper not finding the movies. The error handling seems to be broken, yes, but why can't the new scraper find movies the old one found without any difficulties?

lol, there is no new scraper.
the night build from 6 june is working fine.....
olympia Wrote:lol, there is no new scraper.

no need to laugh. I'm not a programmer, so I was only guessing. all I could see was, that the stable version added the movies to the library, the nightly did not.
Vero 4k+ - Apple TV 4k - Odroid N2 | Yamaha RX-V483 | Sony 55XE9305 | Synology DS916+
mozomo Wrote:no need to laugh. I'm not a programmer, so I was only guessing. all I could see was, that the stable version added the movies to the library, the nightly did not.

This was my impression as well. I recently rebuilt my library, and I have been forced to rename files in order for the scraper to even suggest possibilities. These same filenames worked well before (or at least gave me options to match the correct show/movie).

xeila Wrote:Also a FYI, if you find the popup query is annoying, you can set the videoscanner to ignore errors in advancedsettings.xml: Advancedsettings.xml <videoscanner>. Then you can simply enter the search string manually for the videos that are not found.

Thanks! This is a perfect stopgap until it gets resolved. This has been driving me bananas.
When I hit enter on a movie in File mode, it just says it cannot connect to server and that's it, it doesn't even attempt to find it. Now I'm trying to add movies manually at least and it worked for a few, and still does but now they aren't showing up in Library Mode even upon adding them this way.

This seems like a pretty huge bug as scraping is a central part of XBMC usage (I'm guessing), has it been resolved in latest git version?
olympia Wrote:lol, there is no new scraper.

Other than the massive overhaul of the scraping system.

That's like saying "Well my seatcover in my car isn't any different. So why is my driving experience different when I put it in my V12 manual vs my I3 Automatic?"

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103427
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=103321
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:Other than the massive overhaul of the scraping system.

That's like saying "Well my seatcover in my car isn't any different. So why is my driving experience different when I put it in my V12 manual vs my I3 Automatic?"

That is correct, but there should be a general understanding that the "scrapers" are addons and used by the "scraping framework". I.e. people shouldn't say the new scraper doesn't work (just because there was a scraper update), when at the same time they switched to a nightly build, whereas the massive overhaul began.
This just started happening to me 2 days ago after I re-installed XBMC 10.1 for Windows (no nightlies). I changed my movie scraper to IMDB and do not get any errors. Has something changed in "The Movie DataBase" API?
Ok I decided to get a fresh install of XBMC, cause for some reason I had the folder up to 5gb since I did a lot of changing over the past few months and found a setup I like.

When I added a new source of my movie folder and set the content using TMDB and then search I get...
"Unable to connect remote server
Would you like to continue scanning?"

I select yes over and over again and nothing, not 1 file gets found. I switch to IMDB and it works but that scraper isn't finding all my movies as good as IMDB. Sad
I kept my old XBMC folder just in case (portable) and was able to scan with IMDB correctly, so not sure what the fix is.
XBMC - 11.0 (9/30/11)
Aeon Nox - 2.0 (9/30/11)
cdArt - 2.5
Ember Media Manager - 1.2
MediaFrontPage
How do I change the scraper for Movies? I go into Add-Ons and I can't disable TMDB, it's still being used along with IMDB. I see in Music in Context Menu there's a button to change scraper, but can't see it in Movies.

I'm still wondering about this, there's surely a ton of XBMC users, I'm running the stable version and am experiencing this scraper failure, is it really just a handful of users with this? Scraping Movie info is surely such an integral part of XBMC usage, I'm surprised there isn't a flood of posts regarding this.
colbert Wrote:How do I change the scraper for Movies? I go into Add-Ons and I can't disable TMDB, it's still being used along with IMDB. I see in Music in Context Menu there's a button to change scraper, but can't see it in Movies.

Very hidden, it's in the context menu of the movie source: "change content".

You're absolutely right btw. If there was an issue with the scraper there would be whining about that all around. So this must be something with your setup, Internet connection, tmdb, or some combination of these.
olympia Wrote:Very hidden, it's in the context menu of the movie source: "change content".

You're absolutely right btw. If there was an issue with the scraper there would be whining about that all around. So this must be something with your setup, Internet connection, tmdb, or some combination of these.

Thanks! I switched to the IMDB scraper, it appears to be a tad bit more sensitive to file naming, but it works! Something up with TMDB. I can check the site just fine in browser, so it has to be the scraper code for it.

Is there some way I can "remove" my local TMDB scraper and re-download it? All uninstall/enable+disable options in Add-ons for it are greyed out.

edit: Also, there is no fanart being grabbed for any items I've just added now with the IMDB scraper, I wonder if this is an issue with Aeon MQ2 skin I'm using or something else (going into Movie > Info and > Get Fanart only brings up local locations to browse).
IMDb scraper is also scraping fanarts from tmdb.
I leave it up to you to make a conclusion...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie scraping not working, my end or are they broken?0