[Confluence]Disable automatic slideout of submenus
Hey Guys,

might be a stupid question but searching here for submenu and slide(out) had no sucess.

Does anybody know how to disable the automatic slideout in the new submenus of horizontal confluence?
I want to see the sub only when I press down...I've taken a look at code from other skins, but could not figure out...

I thought about something like
Code:
<visible>Container(9000).HasFocus(2) + ButtonPressedDown</visible>
or something...

can anyone give me a hint, where to search for?

cheers,
mm
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Take a look at the group with id = 9001 in the home.xml (line 448), there are the visible conditions for each submenu.
`Black Wrote:Take a look at the group with id = 9001 in the home.xml (line 448), there are the visible conditions for each submenu.

Thanks for your reply...where the conditions are, is no problem...already found them...my problem is the syntax for the visible condition with the button-press...

In the the first post I posted some code... therein the "ButtonPressedDown" is pseudo code...I'm looking for the right coding...

cheers,
mm
Just add allowhiddenfocus="true" and + ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus to the conditions.

Edit: that doesn't work correctly (works only for the videos submenu)... don't know whats missing.
Thanks for your effort, much appreciated...unfortunately also with the video sub, it does not work...

cheers,
mm
Found it...for anyone who is curious:

Code:
                    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300" condition="!ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus">conditional</animation>
                    <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" delay="0" time="300" condition="ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus">conditional</animation>
                    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300" condition="ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus">WindowClose</animation>
WRONG: this was not the pm, this was the thread linked in the pm...sorry guys!
Max, just pinched your idea and code for Hybrid - hope you don't mind ?
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Nope, don't mind at all...

BTW: Will reply to your PM soon...time is quite short atm
sorry for bumping this old topic, but where do i have to change or add this?

(2011-06-20, 15:40)mad-max Wrote: Found it...for anyone who is curious:

Code:
                    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300" condition="!ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus">conditional</animation>
                    <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" delay="0" time="300" condition="ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus">conditional</animation>
                    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300" condition="ControlGroup(9001).HasFocus">WindowClose</animation>
(2013-07-31, 09:31)sandriekus Wrote: sorry for bumping this old topic, but where do i have to change or add this?

Responding to an old thread, but thought I would answer it because Helix is coming out and my favourite skin, confluence modified, isn't Helix ready. I like the minimalist approach of having the sub-menus hidden. Here is how I did it:

Make a copy of skin.confluence and put it in your /addons directory. Rename it. I picked skin.confluence.dougified :-)

Open that directory and modify the addon.xml file. Change the two lines as shown:
Code:
id="skin.confluence.dougified"
name="Confluence Dougified"

Open the 720p directory and edit Home.xml. Do a search for "9001" and look for:
Code:
<control type="group" id="9001">

Within that node you will see 9 blocks of code for showing your submenus (Pictures, TV, Videos, etc) that look like this:
Code:
<control type="grouplist" id="9010">
    <include>HomeSubMenuCommonValues</include>
    <onleft>9010</onleft>
    <onright>9010</onright>
    <visible>Container(9000).HasFocus(2)</visible>
    <include>HomeSubMenuVideos</include> <!-- Buttons for the grouplist -->
</control>

For each submenu item, append the code given in the post above so it looks like:
Code:
<control type="grouplist" id="9010">
    <include>HomeSubMenuCommonValues</include>
    <onleft>9010</onleft>
    <onright>9010</onright>
    <visible>Container(9000).HasFocus(2)</visible>
    <include>HomeSubMenuVideos</include> <!-- Buttons for the grouplist -->
</control>

That's it. Restart kodi/xbmc, select your new skin and the sub-menus should only appear when you press down.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Confluence]Disable automatic slideout of submenus0