• 8(current)
[RELEASE] Xperience More v2.0.3 (Available through the official repo)
ok thanks!
hello everyone!
I have a strange issue...I put veetle on my favorite but when I want to access it through my favorite the first time it load ,, it just crash and I have to reload it to get it work...any ideas??

http://pastebin.com/aDMtuxPq

I ask the author of the veetle addon but he sees nothing wrong about his plugin in the log so I tried with a different skin ( neon or night if I recall correctly) and everything was fine!
So it must be an xperience more bug...maybe...what do you think?
anyway thank you for your time and your great skin!
cheers!
I had a similar problem with logo download script. Without any update to XBMC or the script suddenly began to freeze and crush my XBMC every time i was trying to download a logo. I deleted the guisettings.xml and the problem is gone. I had to make again all XBMC and skins settings but the problem was solved.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Nessus
thanks for your answer !!
I'll try that!
have a good day!

edit: nope,no results!! when adding veetle to fav then make it into home menu via customization it still start weird ( many windows open then "melt" into a single normal one but I can do nothing with it though I hear the nav sound...)

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?q...1j&thumb=4

it only work the second time I launch it...the first time I get this screen then the add on screen but unusable...and then it work when i relaunch it from the menu...( I don't know if I'm clear...)

http://pastebin.com/9LKE3fiA

well...I don't understand ( then again I'm no coder....)
thanks!
hello!
just a question: how can i enable kiosk mod??
thanks!!
do you have any lead on the veetle problem??
and is there a way to hide the "setting" panel in the home menu?

cheers
is this the best of the lot of experience skins?

is this the top dog? or is 1080experience better?
Nessus:I manage to delete the setting home entry by deleting it in "include home.xml" and everything seems to work find...Big Grin
tell me if that could cause further problem!!

hentai,i'm currently building 2 different htpc one with xperience more and the other (for a friend) with xperience 1080...
why?because we have different needs...
if you use advance launcher ( for games ) xperience more is nicer because of the poster view available for programm add on ( thanks to Nessus and his work!!) this view is still not available in xperience 1080 but black is likely to work on this when he get the time.

xperience more is more "skinnable" because you can change png frome home menu directly from the setting ( I see you want a ghost in the shell theme, it is totally doable on xperience more the easy way)
that said you can also mod 1080 but you have to edit some xml (included home to be precise) I'm not a coder but I manage thanks to black advices...

also to personelize home menu there is differences between the two skin...
xperience more can add "favorite" add on on the home menu , 1080 seperate the different add on ( video programm etc...) so you can add them direclty on home menu...(some stuff can therefor not be addable since you have to make them favorite to access them)

xperience more have still some problem with some add on that can not be on the home menu because of a "bug" still unknown ( veetle by example but I encounter the problem with youtube favorite or justin tv archive) nothing to major...

1080 has less views option but that the way black wanted it...we have to mod it ourself ( someday I will learn how to!!!)

for now I can not remember other difference (beside animations and gui of course) but xperience more and 1080 are both great skin

to conclude,if you want a ghost in the shell theme and better support for advance launcher ( for now) use xperience more,it is more skinnable and programm views are better

I hope this could help you to choose but in the end you just have to install both,play around with them and see which of these 2 great skin suits you the better.

anyway thanks to nessus and black for their time and work!

cheers everyone

2 screens from my "version" of xperience more...to show you what can be easely done with it...
http://www.mediafire.com/?ihyltdpzy8zhk7p
http://www.mediafire.com/?q2bmgg699h2jkrc
great but the type of ghost in the shell theme id have in mind is more like what i posted as a thread in the skin support section , more like an complete gits interface ...not exactly my territory , wed need a pro skinner on dat project

p.s: thanks for breaking it down to me and yeah i tried both , and youre right xperience more has....more xD, so ill keep it , thou wont be using it till it gets completely overhauled in visuals from a helpful member here

and next time use photobucket or such for screenshots not uploading it and having to download it -.-'....xD, peace
bakito Wrote:Nessus:I manage to delete the setting home entry by deleting it in "include home.xml" and everything seems to work find...Big Grin
tell me if that could cause further problem!!

No i don't think you will have any problem. Remind me again... why you don't want the settings panel in home screen ?

bakito Wrote:hello!
just a question: how can i enable kiosk mod??
thanks!!
do you have any lead on the veetle problem??
Sorry bakito... there is no kiosk mode support in my mod. Maybe in next updates.
As for the veetle problem, no i didn't have time to check it but i will do it in couple weeks along with your request for more custom panels in home screen.

Cheers
Nessus
well I don't want setting panel in home because I can access it through my remote directly or through the guide panel...it's just tha I want a "clean" home menu ( just the useful panel for me and my wife) I manage the setting so I have no need for it in home plus it save place for custom panel!!

again I can thank you enough for your work!
recently I have the same problem for veetle and icemovie!! it seems their is a problem when the skin has to open to a subdir xml of a addon ( by example I can open youtube directly but when I put one of my youtube subscription into favorite it to access it directly it causes the same problem as veetle...the same goes for justin tv archive,I can access it directly through favorite but it's not workiing when I put one channel directly in my favorite)
again I'm sorry if I m not clear...but I post screenshot and log in a old post to help you figure it out, I hope this is helpful...

by the way I still have the subtitle addon problem no matter which nightly build I use...I can only access the first site in list but not the others....

thanks again
cheers
hello Nessus, I investigate further the "veetle problem" ( and some other plugin) with several different skin...there is the same problem in cirrus extended v2 and alaska for nightly ( that's the skin I check so far) but no problem in the black 1080 xperience skin...and it seems the difference is that black's skin do not rely on "favorite" to add a custom menu in home but point directly to a specific class of plugin ( video,script etc...) wether your skin point to a plugin through "favorite" to make it a custom home menu...
I don't know if that helps you...I hope so!
cheers!
Yes it helps a lot. Thanks.
I'll see if that is the problem and make a temporary solution for you because in next update i will rebuild the whole custom panels section although i've try to reproduce your problem with veetle and youtube add-ons by adding the addons or some channels as custom panels on home creen and everything work fine. I've added veetle addon, GoalTV channel from veetle, YouTube and comedy movies from youtube in four different custom panels in the same time and everything run fine.

I don't if that is you scenario but there was no crash for me with XBMC bulid 2011-11-03.

Cheers
Nessus
arg!
still no luck ! I try your build with a clean install...and still the same problem,the plplugin don't start right the first time but after the second start all is right....I don't understand....Huh
anyway thanks for your answer!
cheers
I now that maybe my mod is obsolete due the Black's great job in 1080 version but i will continue maintaining and updating it for whoever like it and for the bigger fan of all.... me Big Grin.

So... here some screens of the next update which is coming up some time near the Eden official release.

Cheers
Nessus

great job!
I can't wait to test your new release!
keep up the good work and thanks!
cheers
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Xperience More v2.0.3 (Available through the official repo)5