• 11(current)
[RELEASE] Xperience More v2.0.3 (Available through the official repo)
(2012-03-27, 03:41)nessus Wrote: UPDATE (26-03-2012) : Xperience More v1.0

Damn, screenshots are looking amazing mate ! Really nice work ! Big Grin
Thanks butchabay. Since i know you work, it means a lot to me.

Cheers
Nessus
Unfortunately I can't test the skin on my OpenElec nighly installation. Maybe because there is no 1080p folder? All stays black when I choose the skin from appearance.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
I don't think the 1080p folder is the problem. The majority of the skins they don't have native 1080 support but they working fine on 1080 resolutions. The only real gain with native 1080 support is the slightly higher quality textures.

What do you mean with "nighly installation" ?. Eden Final release is out. OpenLec is still nightly ?

Anyone else having problems with OpenLec ?

Cheers
Nessus
hey! really nice work with this update ( but you already know that) just one question:
do you intend to add support for metadat actors?

cheers
@nessus OpenElec has not released a Eden final version yet. I guess they will soon. If they do I won't be using it, I like to use the daily builds and I'll keep doing that as long as they're usable.

I don't think the problem is OpenElec related. Xbmc skins are pretty much Os independent, they just need a compatible xbmc version. Or am I mistaking?

I'll try installing the skin again today. Maybe I've made a mistake somewhere.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
@bakito Sorry...not at the moment. IMO is not something so useful to worth the coding of some extra windows.

@Bram Before reinstall the skin clear all skins settings from guisettings.xml but keep a backup first in case you need to recall any skins settings.

Cheers
Nessus
Been waiting for this one and it does not disappoint. Excellent work man, love the texture work. Very nice attention to detail throughout the skin.

All in all, most everything works perfectly. Just got a couple things I found that I thought I'd post here, in case it's on the "to-do" list. No requests here Smile

Couple inconsistencies with banner files in some views and info panels. From what I can see only the Banner List view is actually using the banner.jpg files located in a show's root directory. Most of the others are using the poster and squishing it. Here's some screen shots showing the views I've found this in.

File Panel with Fat List option

Full Wall using banners

Home Panel view. (Hitting up arrow to view show info)

Show information screen

TV Guide when viewing a day

So just cosmetic issues I've ran into that I thought you'd like to know about. Other than that, very nice skin, you can feel the amount of work that went into it and I thank you for it.
Yes. You are right about that.
The skin is build to find banners as thumbs in TV Shows. The only part that is calling the banner.jpg is in Banner View. I couldn't decide what is most common so did it like that because imo the TV Shows should have different look of the movies. Posters should be Movies thumbs and banners should be TV Shows thumbs. If XBMC skin engine supported something like "listitem.banner" along with "listitem.thumb" the life of skinners and users would be more easier. That "listitem.path" ugly code that its needed to call the banner.jpg is slow on displaying the images especially in views like FullWall View plus that you need double code to display the images in files mode.

Anyway... if the majority of the users want it like that, let me know and i will change it.

Thanks for using the skin.

Cheers
Nessus
Hey, totally understand that. The banner/landscape/poster/logo thing has been on going for a long while now amongst skinners. I can imagine it's a headache with xbmc not natively supporting them causing the workarounds to be done for all sorts of different views.

In the last version for Dharma I just went and modded the files for banner.jpg since I didn't want to bother you with it. Just thought with the use of the Artwork downloader becoming more popular and being implemented into the skin now it'd be a good time to bring it up.

I'd be biased with saying I'd prefer using the banner.jpg files. However I am aware that many people out there don't use them. Though I suppose Artwork downloader is starting to make this a trivial thing to do for just about anyone.

I can probably dig around and make the changes myself, just have to remember to do it each time git updates heh. If the XBMC team could get them support natively that'd be the best solution for everyone Smile

Thanks again for the time put into the skin.
UPDATE : Added separated Advanced Launcher views for square, posters and FullWall Wide.

GitHub updated.

Cheers
Nessus
hey!
really nice advanced launcher support!
I really dig your wall view, really nice and smooth! and now the views are seperates!
I still have the typo problem but I'm thinking to re install a clean xbmc...it has some strange reaction lately...maybe it just comes from my system...
some grphical glitch when windows zoom in or out,but this too could be related to my system...and one request:a wall view for video add on would be really nice!!
great work
cheers
after a clean install :no more typo bug!!!
cheers!
Wink 
Glad to hear that. It was very weird problem so to be skin bug.

After all judging from the feedback it seems that i created the perfect bug free skin Big Grin or... me and you (and a few more) we are the only
people that we use this skin Big Grin

Cheers
Nessus
Hey,
Great Skin! Thanks Smile
But I got a question..is it possible to disable breadcrumbs in Slide Panel TV Show View? I like it more clean..without statistics Wink
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Xperience More v2.0.3 (Available through the official repo)5