• 13(current)
[RELEASE] Xperience More v2.0.3 (Available through the official repo)
Yes but when it's officially supported by XBMC at least in nightly builds so i can tested and coded.
The available dummy PVR solutions for coding are only for Linux and i'm developing in windows.

Cheers
Nessus
That's very good to know. Thank you Nessus.
Nessus, I have a few more questions, I hope you don't mind..

Are you planning to include extrafanart suppport?
What about animated backgrounds?

And finally, I am having the same issues with banners as explained in this post,
Banners

Currenty I have set my TV Shows sources up to scrape posters by default. I have a banner.jpg file for each show's folder with the actual banner.
How do I have to rename my banners in order for them to show properly?
Thanks!
Nessus, many thanks for the fantastic skin. I've tried them ALL, and this one (as are all of the Xperience variants) is just beautiful!

Hopefully I can articulate this question correctly. I'm interested in creating a poster view-type in the programs menu that would display the art as 'wide'.I love the poster view for games, but some of those pesky Nintendo boxes are landscape and become squished when using Advanced Launcher. Is it possible to duplicate either poster or poster square and create a "wide" version (as they are for full wall wide)? I've been digging through the xml files and looking around, but thought I'd ask for a nudge in the right direction to achieve this before I dove in.

Any help is appreciated!
@Myrddraal
In TV Shows the skin expects folder.jpg (thumbnail for every tv show folder) to be banner and poster.jpg to be poster.
Animated backgrounds are supported only when playing Music. Check the Visualization Background settings accessible only from OSD screen.
No plans for adding extra fanart atm. I'm really against all those extra images in XBMC. I can accept some of them like clearart and logo but adding "extra" of that, and "extra" for the other...etc, is just exaggeration.

@nlash
There is no easy way to make one of the existing poster views to wide. The only thing that you could try is to make ViewType HomePanels which is designed for wide style to show in programs section. Check how i did it with the other views like Viewtype_Posters_Programs (Viewtype_Posters_Programs.xml) and do the same with Viewtype_Home_Panels (Viewtype_Home_Panels.xml).

Thanks both for using my skin.

Cheers
Nessus
Now available through official XBMC addon repo

See install notes in first page.

Cheers
Nessus
(2012-04-26, 11:22)nessus Wrote: Now available through official XBMC addon repo

Cheers
Nessus
My Warmest Wishes for further Development
Congratulations

Cheers
Vagelis .......

Thank you for this great skin....

I have been switching back and forth with Xperience1080 trying to decide which one to use. I am trending towards Xperience More. I was a big fan of the original Xperience, and this version has a great number of things that I find missing from 1080... I do not want to spark an argument about which skin is best. I appreciate the efforts of both developers, and look forward to their work.

Things I find missing from Xperience1080:
-When updating the library, there is no pop up status telling you what XBMC is doing
-When fast scrolling thru the Movies in Wall View, missing the pop-up letter that tells you where you are alphabetically
-TV Shows Banner View shows you one banner a a time and banner image is small.
-In Home screen, panels have a start and an end, Xperience More panels scrolling loops.
-In Settings Screens, I like seeing all the options on the left all the sub-option screens
-Weather Icon does not actually show the current weather

Things I like about 1080, missing in Xperience More:
-1080p Resolution
-Love the Recent Movies Screen. I have set XBMC to show the last 50 movies added (in advancedsettings.xml). It is great to see them in Wall View.

I have to say that I am not a fan of MS Metro initiative... thus I disable the Metro view. I know I will be skipping Windows 8 when it comes out.

Many thanks again to all, and hopefully I give both developers some feedback and food for thought.

AngelAngelAngel

Hernando

(2012-04-27, 17:09)hernandito Wrote: Many thanks again to all, and hopefully I give both developers some feedback and food for thought.

Thanks

Like i said... feedback is not only welcomed... is needed.

Cheers
Nessus

PS. Βαγγελη... σε ευχαριστω πολυ ρε φιλε. Νασαι καλα.
(2012-04-26, 11:22)nessus Wrote: Now available through official XBMC addon repo

Cheers
Nessus

Congrats Big Grin

I found a new default skin for xbmc Big Grin.

One thing I'm missing in the skin is a watched flag in the files view.

Keep up the great work.
Hi
Very nice update.
The view slide panel doesn't show the cover ?
http://cl.ly/GCyW
@MeierKurt
Yes i know. Its on my to-do-list.

@R-max
You need a poster.jpg file in every tv show root folder to see the posters in that view. If you hit info there you can download it by pressing the button "Get Artwork" or you can do a batch download for all your tv shows in skin settings>scripts.

Cheers
Nessus
thanks my bad !
It's maybe inappropriate but why xperience more and xperience1080 are not one and only theme ?
I keep going back and forth between those two.
:-)
Thanks guys for your work
Just wanted to add a quick thanks for your work. I stumbled upon this skin by accident (when seeing it in the official repo) and I am amazed how well thought out and stable it is. Well done!
Thanks for using the skin and for your kind words.

Cheers
Nessus
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Xperience More v2.0.3 (Available through the official repo)5