• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Xperience More v2.0.3 (Available through the official repo)
nessus Wrote:Nice look thewarm. Simple and stylish.
Thank you...

BTW, I fixed the "squished" pictures in the day view of the TV Guide by replacing all instances of "folder.jpg" with "banner.jpg" in the custom_TVGuide.xml file.

Now to find that pesky clock...(any idea where I should look for that?)
thewarm Wrote:I had a problem with the TV-Rage display having overlapping panels. I fixed it by replacing the "default-panel.png" in the TV-Rage folder with a transparent png image.

That is addon problem not skin related. Like Hitcher said here these problems (fonts, textures, etc) keep occurring when Addons rely on the Defaults.xml for one skin (I'm guessing Confluence) but other skins use it differently.

thewarm Wrote:I also have the problem mentioned in this thread with the "TV Guide". When I go to the day view, my "folder.jpg" images are displayed in the "banner" format (squished)... any ideas on that. (I tried selecting different views in the Next-Aired script with no effect.)

Like i said in the other post TV Guide needs a "folder.jpg" file for banner not a "banner.jpg". If you put in tvshow root dir the same file ("banner.jpg") and rename it to folder.jpg it works fine. I made it this way because imo this is the most common naming for the most people.

thewarm Wrote:And a polite request please... When I bring up the power button (and favorites), is there a way to remove the clock display?
Sorry i cant do that but if you are familiar with xml coding you can remove it your self. Is in Includes_Home.xml file. Remove the code from line 77 to 89 to remove the clock and if you want to adjust the size and position for the power/favorites bar the code is between lines 9 & 94.

Thanks for trying my mod and your comments and feedback.

Cheers
Nessus
Found the clock in the Includes_Home.xml file and removed it.

I need the folder.jpg and banner.jpg, so the renaming worked for me. One thing I did notice though... there are several days of the week when I have more than six shows scheduled... they show up almost off-screen to the right (hardly noticeable).

Once again, thank you for taking the time to do this mod.

Also, thanks for the tips. As you can see by my "join date", I'm new to XBMC... I learn by doing (and hopefully not breaking things... I always backup 1st)
thewarm Wrote:...there are several days of the week when I have more than six shows scheduled... they show up almost off-screen to the right (hardly noticeable).

I have to check that but is little difficult since i don't have so many shows in my library to show more then six in daily schedule.

In any case thanks for the feedback.

Cheers
Nessus
I'm using the SickBeard/SABnzbd combo to replace (retire) my TiVo HD.

And some days of the week I do have more than 6 shows...

Rolleyes

Thanks one more time for your mod!
May want to adjust the Home weather location label as its to long.
Rocky5 Wrote:May want to adjust the Home weather location label as its to long.

ah... crap !!!.... miss that one. The three cities in my settings are small words so never saw it. Will fix it today or tomorrow.

Thanks Rocky.

What do you think about the rest of the mod ?... Any suggestions ...?
Fixes in some xml files.
See first post in Updates section.
Since I've taken to begging... a quick question (which I'm sure the answer will be "not easy"...) Is there a way to change the "selected" items from the original "blue" glow to a "yellow" glow?

And let me know what you think about my "template" for the TV Shows fanart.
Thanks...
The template looks very nice although ι am more fanart fan.

Cheers
Nessus
nessus Wrote:The template looks very nice although ι am more fanart fan.

Cheers
Nessus

The original fanart gets cropped in this view. And I have a hard time reading the "Next Episode" info on top of the artwork...

And thank you.
When there are more than 6 shows on a given day, the extras "bleed off" to the right.

As we talked about earlier, some days are busy...

Thanks, Steve
My original "window" template takes away from the clean look I am going for. So I came up with a much simpler template.

The "Window" is now 430,108 x 1744,786. This keeps the proper aspect ratio of the original artwork and lines up nicely with this skin.

My question... is there a way to build this into an xml file (example: insert fanart into 430,108 x 1744,786) and have it done automatically... or do I have to modify every "fanart" image for every show?

Thanks
thewarm Wrote:When there are more than 6 shows on a given day, the extras "bleed off" to the right.

Any ideas on this?

As we talked about earlier, some days are busy...

Thanks, Steve

Ok. I see the bug. I guess i have to add more shows in my library to reproduce the problem and fix it.

Thanks
Nessus
thewarm Wrote:My question... is there a way to build this into an xml file (example: insert fanart into 430,108 x 1744,786) and have it done automatically... or do I have to modify every "fanart" image for every show?

The control of the infopanel fanart for tv shows is in Includes_Fanart.xml between lines 56 & 66.

Cheers
Nessus
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Xperience More v2.0.3 (Available through the official repo)5