thanks to everyone who participated, we will inform you about any news as they happen and post more builds here for testing as they are ready
What is AudioEngine?
".. a new audio layer called, yes, you guessed it, "AudioEngine" has been built. This new layer is able to handle bit-perfect reproduction of audio, mixing, preloaded sounds, resampling, downmixing." - gnif, the AE guy
In our world, gimli is handling the CoreAudio portion of this for iOS and OSX and he's been doing private builds and we've decided to open it up to the forum for SERIOUS TESTERS ONLY. We need to know:
- exact IOS/ATV2 version and build info
- what your exact receiver model is and how it's hooked up, optical or hdmi?
- what are your settings in XBMC? 7.1? AC3/DTS passthrough selected?
Everyone who tests this needs to post:
- All info above with a description of what you did, what files you played, etc
- pastebin'd xbmc.log, regardless of if the file suceeded or failed.
- If crash occured, pastebin links of crashreporter and syslog.
- if having a specific file issue, please pastebin the mediainfo output of it AND a sample file, especially if it crashed XBMC. PM me if you need help cutting up a sample.
You can get the builds at: http://hadm.net/xbmc/ae
Don't post about ANYTHING ELSE but AE in this thread.
All other posts will be deleted without warnings. I only want to see test reports with the info above and discussion related to this to make it easier for the devs to sift through. We're trying to get as much testing in before the merge.
I'm hopeful we can start doing pre-merge testing in the public more since getting more used to reporting tons of logging.
- Need to delete guisettings.xml if audio doesn't work.
Thanks for playing everyone and can't wait until this stuff gets into master!
(here's the thread for mac: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=821106)