• 6(current)
CALLING SERIOUS TESTERS: AudioEngine needs your help for testing before merge!
I am getting ready to try the latest AudioEngine build on my ATV2 in the bedroom (my guinea pig). Would someone please tell me how to access the OSD that shows the statistical information (i.e. CPU load, Audio/Video codec, etc.) when playing a video?
Sony 75X940C, Yamaha RX-A3050, 2 x Martin Logan Motion 60XT, 1 x Martin Logan Motion 50XT, 2 x Martin Logan Motion FX, 4 x Martin Logan Motion 4, 2 x Rythmik FV15HP, Sony X800 UHD Player, Nvidia Shield TV
Plex Server: Intel Skull Canyon NUC, 16GB RAM, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro
NAS: Synology DS2415+ (5 x 10TB, 2 x 6TB, 5 x 4TB)
Balthazar2k4 Wrote:I am getting ready to try the latest AudioEngine build on my ATV2 in the bedroom (my guinea pig). Would someone please tell me how to access the OSD that shows the statistical information (i.e. CPU load, Audio/Video codec, etc.) when playing a video?

Enable debugging (Settings menu... Should be enabled to give the guys xbmc logs anyway)
BluBoy Wrote:Enable debugging (Settings menu... Should be enabled to give the guys xbmc logs anyway)

Thanks BluBoy. I will give this a try tonight.
Sony 75X940C, Yamaha RX-A3050, 2 x Martin Logan Motion 60XT, 1 x Martin Logan Motion 50XT, 2 x Martin Logan Motion FX, 4 x Martin Logan Motion 4, 2 x Rythmik FV15HP, Sony X800 UHD Player, Nvidia Shield TV
Plex Server: Intel Skull Canyon NUC, 16GB RAM, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro
NAS: Synology DS2415+ (5 x 10TB, 2 x 6TB, 5 x 4TB)
rickrude Wrote:crash log - http://pastebin.com/YdCSz1iq
more logs - http://pastebin.com/8h64irXq

[EDIT] OpenGL visualization doesn't load, but this build is pretty sweet.

First link is no crash log. And OpenGL visualization didn't work ever on ios and it would be a very very very (did i say very? i mean very!) hard way to get them working. I think this has low priority for the devs right know. Just deactivate visualisations for now...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:@gimli - is there something wrong with your build? I see that it can't load ImageLib because of missing libpng

@Tenny

As for the crash with NFS i would like to get a log and a crash log (maybe better in the normal nightys thread) for investigation

Not sure why that log doesn't say it... As that log was created before the crash and the end is after the crash by single "xbmc" start.

Anyways, I solved the hardware issue on my own, if I can re-create it I will post more (in the nightly thread) about it.
@gimli

i responded to your pm 3 or 4 times. not sure if you get the response: my PM Sent Items shows 0 items.
Also guys we'd love everyone to join #xbmc-ae to help with the testing in realtime. Keep in mind tho we all have dayjobs and gimli is over in EU so be respectful of different timezones. Smile
Hello All!
I had been using the semi-nightly builds and started using the AE builds last week, thank you for all the dedication and hard work
I have been configuring and changing my setup and was holding off posting results until that was accomplished on my end

- Tested using following configuration:
ATV2 4.2.2 (2203)
XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:20110622-d4c956b (Compiled: Jun 23 2011)
ATV2 connected via optical & HMDI to Onkyo PR-SC5508 Preamp
Onkyo PR-SC5508 connected via XLR to Onkyo PA-MC5500
Display output via HDMI to Samsung PN64D8000
Forced 16bit in ATV2 settings
XBMC Audio Settings - 7.1 / AC3 / DTS
XBMC input set to Harmony

Initial reaction to this build
- Navigation is improved greatly in response
- Same issue when scanning library (attempted Force Refresh no luck)
- randomitems.py script failure to load on launch (on any skin)
-
Loaded .mkv / DTS / 5.1
- Noticed initial loud POP when preamp switches to DTS, this is also there in the semi-nightly build as well... Only experienced when using ATV2 XBMC though, the POP cannot be reproduced on any other source
- Great Picture & Sound
- Fast Loading
MediaInfo

Loaded xvid (.avi) / DD (AC3) / 5.1
- Experienced low frame rates (stuttered visually)

Loaded .mkv / DTS / 5.1
- Loaded this to test the loud POP and when switching to DTS it was experienced with this file as well

Loaded .mp4 / DD (AAC) / 5.1
- This file got downmixed and the stream was PCM 2.0
- With build NON-AE 20110618-eedceeb (Compiled : Jun 18 2011) (unofficial) audio is correctly transmitted as DD 5.1
- I did notice in the log that AAC is not enabled for passthrough not sure if this relevant or a known issue
MediaInfo

After log i did load several .vob images and all were fine as suspected

Not sure if any of this helps, but thanks to everyone involved!

http://pastebin.com/5WdM1r7C
tenny - look in the first link in my sig ... a crash log is a special log which is generated after a crash...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
bahman2000 Wrote:@gimli

i responded to your pm 3 or 4 times. not sure if you get the response: my PM Sent Items shows 0 items.

I got the messages. Updated the binaries, can you test again please ?

cu

gimli
Memphiz Wrote:tenny - look in the first link in my sig ... a crash log is a special log which is generated after a crash...

Well here is the file associated with it (I think)...

log-aggregated-2011-06-22-000000_Apple TV.plist
Memphiz Wrote:First link is no crash log. And OpenGL visualization didn't work ever on ios and it would be a very very very (did i say very? i mean very!) hard way to get them working. I think this has low priority for the devs right know. Just deactivate visualisations for now...

All good Memphiz, I just hadn't noticed the OpenGL errors previously, perhaps I had them disabled. Don't need it.

I thought there may have been useful info in that log, there was no actual crashlog produced.

Thanks for your hard work on this.
Testing the latest (6/23) build:

Git:20110622-d4c956b

2 ch stereo TV episode - fine
5.1 audio TV episode - fine
DTS movie - fine
MP3 audio file - fine
FLAC audio file - fine
Streaming video add-on (TWIT) - no audio at all
Streaming video add-on (Fox News) - took forever to buffer, as in well over 2 minutes for 6 minutes of video, on a cable broadband connection. If I wasn't testing, I would have given up and tried something else, it took so long. It did finally work, tho - video and audio fine.

About the only thing wrong, from my perspective, is the streaming video for TWIT, one of the main things I use XBMC for. I have no interest in the other video add-ons (I don't even watch Fox News, I just installed it as another video add-on to test).

If TWIT would finally work consistently, I would be one happy camper. :-)

Log: http://pastebin.com/rw9V93e3
Today's latest build...

No sound at all. Not getting the cracking sound or anything at all...

xbmc.log
Really appreciate the work you guys are doing .. time for me to help out a little.

No sound at first then renamed guisettings.xml. Full sound after that including menu sounds.

- Tested using following configuration:
ATV2 4.2.2 (2203)
XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:20110622-d4c956b (Compiled: Jun 23 2011)
ATV2 connected via HMDI 2.0 to Westinghouse 32" LCD
Forced 16bit in ATV2 settings
(Sorry I don't have this hooked up to a 5.1 receiver)

DTS 5.1 Smooth Audio
CPU@ 65-70%

MP3 2.0 Smooth Audio
CPU @ 61%

AAC 2.0 Smooth Audio
CPU @ 66%

!!Dolby Digital 5.1 - Stuttering Audio & Video !!
!!CPU @ 97% !!

AAC 5.1 Smooth Audio
CPU @ 68%

Log1: http://pastebin.com/VYcVDtsu
Log2: http://pastebin.com/unUtV2qi
Log3: http://pastebin.com/TimVE2Kp

Thanks so much for your hard work ... it's great to hear gui sounds Big Grin
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CALLING SERIOUS TESTERS: AudioEngine needs your help for testing before merge!0