• 4(current)
CALLING SERIOUS TESTERS: AudioEngine needs your help for testing before merge!
XBMC Pre-11 Git:20110620-862ff92
ATV2 iOS: 4.2.2 (2203)
Reciever: Logitech Z5500 5.1 connected via optical
XBMC settings: optical/coax, 5.1, downmix boost on, DD AC3 on, DTS on, audio output default, GUI sounds on.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1906261/XBMC.log

deleting the guiprefs.xml restores menu sound.

Since updating the the AE build, the main menu backgrounds take several seconds longer than usual to change to the background image on menu focus change.

2.0 mpeg audio works fine, 5.1 AC3 or DTS is choppy static for me in several different video containers (which was happening before the AE build on the nightlys)
bahman2000 Wrote:The same ALAC file that was stuttering, downpitching

Tried with latest official? 20110619-9f49fd3
Doesn't play at all, pastebin

Tried with 20110620-862ff92
Stuttery, choppy, pitched down; pastebin

Updated AE build. Please test and give feedback if it is fixed.

cu

gimli
gimli Wrote:Updated AE build. Please test and give feedback if it is fixed.

XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:20110620-826ff92 (Compiled: Jun 20 2011)

AH. I have sound now from my video addon (TWIT). Oddly, when I updated using wget from the ATV2 command line, I had no sound. When I downloaded the new build, and SFTPed it over, and deleted the guisettings.xml,
*then* I had sound ..

Oddly, I am being prompted for my password for the SMB share ...I enter it, tell it to remember for this path ... and it does nothing. Comes right back to the "Lock settings" screen. Somehow it lost my WINS settings, and workgroup name. Weird .. I re-entered them and have access again. Also lost my audio settings ... reset to optical audio, 5.1, AC3 and DTS.

Now I have 2 channel sound on video files. WooHoo!
Still seems slow loading videos ...
I have 5.1 sound. Sounds seems too loud from rear speakers ...
I have DTS sound.

All in all, a big improvement! The things that were not working before, are working now. Weird that it lost my settings, but oh, well ...

Scanning still broken, unfortunately. But in time, in time ...

Log: http://pastebin.com/1UrxJYf8

EDIT: WTF? I stopped playing the live stream; went out shopping (didn't even exit XBMC), come back .,.. and no sound. Nothing on the live stream!

Stil have sound on 2ch episodes, and 5.1, and DTS. But my TWIT Live just went silent. ... Grrrr .....

New Log: http://pastebin.com/fFc1jGcY
Hmm, I tried the new build on top of the old one, and had no different results.

I then tried uninstalling XBMC completely and re-installing the main, nightly and the new AE build.

Everything seems to be working now!

Shall I create and post another logfile? (It will have to be done wednesday now, as it's late!)
I am not sure if it's this build, or if it was after I installed AE, but noticed a slow down / delay in the background loading on the main menu, as well as the FanArt. I upgraded from the Feb official build to keith's latest. Maybe I will read up on the known issues.

Tried the following formats... all of which ran flawlessly. Nice to have the gui sounds back! (after deleting guisettings as stated)

h264 dts 5.1 720p
h264 dolby digital 5.1 720p
AVC1 aac 5.1 720p
xvid 2.0 SD

XBMC: 20110620-862ff92 IOS: 4.2.1 ATV: 4.1.1
Samsung LA40C650 via HDMI
HDMI audio, 2.0, Boostvolume level on downmix
xbmc.log http://pastebin.com/rn1UJhPp

I have a set of Logitech Z5500 that I have been meaning to move into where ATV is, so will be testing 5.1 soon

cheers for this awesome system.
DeMoB Wrote:Hmm, I tried the new build on top of the old one, and had no different results.

I then tried uninstalling XBMC completely and re-installing the main, nightly and the new AE build.

Everything seems to be working now!

Shall I create and post another logfile? (It will have to be done wednesday now, as it's late!)

Please do, can never have too many logs. Smile
keith Wrote:Thx for the feedback. As much as I don't like to tell people to upgrade, you may have better luck with your Yahama receiver if you upgrade to 4.3.x and then select '16bit' in the Audio settings screen in Frontrow, rumor has it. Wink

Seems like Apple fixed some Audio issues they had.

Oops, my bad, I'm at AppleTV Software 4.2.2 (2203) and iOS 4.3 (wish Apple would get rid of the double numbering!). And I do have 16 bit selected so still no-go as described before.
gimli Wrote:Updated AE build. Please test and give feedback if it is fixed.

cu

gimli

just got the new build, it shows the same version as what i reported in post #37

however ALACs play now pastebin!!!
Just installed.
Plays stereo (AAC) fine.
When attempting to play AC3, I get stuttering "machine gun" audio.
The AC3 files play back fine in FrontRow when shared via iTunes/Homeshare.

http://pastebin.com/d5nZfa7Y

Worked fine before the most recent iOS update. Not sure if this beta build was suppose to solve those problems or not.
patranus Wrote:Just installed.
Plays stereo (AAC) fine.
When attempting to play AC3, I get stuttering "machine gun" audio.
The AC3 files play back fine in FrontRow when shared via iTunes/Homeshare.

http://pastebin.com/d5nZfa7Y

Worked fine before the most recent iOS update. Not sure if this beta build was suppose to solve those problems or not.

Please read http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=821016&postcount=1 .
Provide the information we requested. Otherwise we can't investigate in that problem.
ATV2 4.2.2
No receiver
HDMI 2.0 AC3/DTS Off
Music of FTP / ATV2 WiFi / FTP server wired
XBMC 20110620-862ff92 (Compiled: Jun 20, 2011)

Playing ALAC/FLAC, unable to pause music, the track starts from the beginning! pastebin

Also, playback of ALACs and FLACs produces clicks, quite noticeable; wouldn't play the track to the very end and skip over to the next. pastebin
Here's an odd question - I just ordered a Dell Zino HD to use as an HTPC. I will be running Win 7 Home Premium on it, and so will run XBMC for Windows on it. So I probably won't be needing to use my AppleTV2 to run XBMC much longer. However, I'm still willing to help do testing on AE, or even just run the nightly builds (I assume they are available for Windows testers, too).

How would I go about do that on Windows? (my new hardware won't arrive for a couple weeks, so this is just research/preparation, at this point).
MikeLeone Wrote:Here's an odd question - I just ordered a Dell Zino HD to use as an HTPC. I will be running Win 7 Home Premium on it, and so will run XBMC for Windows on it. So I probably won't be needing to use my AppleTV2 to run XBMC much longer. However, I'm still willing to help do testing on AE, or even just run the nightly builds (I assume they are available for Windows testers, too).

How would I go about do that on Windows? (my new hardware won't arrive for a couple weeks, so this is just research/preparation, at this point).

I would suggest looking in the AudioEngine thread in the Development forum for more information. Basically you would need to download via Github the latest version and compile yourself. I do know that ArtVandalae was providing some builds for testing, but you would need to check with him.
Sony 75X940C, Yamaha RX-A3050, 2 x Martin Logan Motion 60XT, 1 x Martin Logan Motion 50XT, 2 x Martin Logan Motion FX, 4 x Martin Logan Motion 4, 2 x Rythmik FV15HP, Sony X800 UHD Player, Nvidia Shield TV
Plex Server: Intel Skull Canyon NUC, 16GB RAM, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro
NAS: Synology DS2415+ (5 x 10TB, 2 x 6TB, 5 x 4TB)
Balthazar2k4 Wrote:I would suggest looking in the AudioEngine thread in the Development forum for more information. Basically you would need to download via Github the latest version and compile yourself. I do know that ArtVandalae was providing some builds for testing, but you would need to check with him.

Yeah, I won't be compiling from Github. :-) I might perhaps install a binary.

Well, let me wait and run XBMC for Windows for a while first, before dumping a stable version to test a development version.

I had sorta hoped to see a thread like this (asking for testers) in the Windows forum, but I don't see one. I don't even see a sticky on testing nightlies for Windows, come to that.

Oh well. As I say, I'll still be using my ATV2 for at least a couple weeks, so I can continue to test with it. The last build came real close, except for the weird part about live streaming audio working, then not working.
keith Wrote:Please do, can never have too many logs. Smile
My mistake, it had swapped over to analouge 5.1 during the re-install therefore disabling AC3 / DTS. I still get the choppy static when turning AC3 / DTS back on.

AC3/DTS enabled

sample AC3 5.1 = choppy static
m4v (unknown) audio = fine
dts 5.1 = buzz then static

5.1 analogue enabled

sample = fine
m4v = fine
dts = fine

http://pastebin.com/CWiRFEUA

Platform: Mac OS X (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1). Built on Jun 20 2011 (Git:20110620-862ff92)
ATV2 iOS 4.2.2 (2023)
Logitech Z5500 5.1 via optical hookup
XBMC settings: optical/coax, 5.1, downmix boost on, DD AC3 on, DTS on, audio output default, GUI sounds on.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CALLING SERIOUS TESTERS: AudioEngine needs your help for testing before merge!0