[Appletv2+iOS] Error compiling with new dependences....
follow README.ios, you have missed one of the steps
amet Wrote:follow README.ios, you have missed one of the steps

I have complied 10-50 times atv2 build for myself before and always do as in readme.ios , no steps are missed, just compile error in the source or may be I am in wrong way.
I compile it 3 times a day and dont have an issue. the build method has changed recently... post the exact steps of what you have done and when the error appears
I have xcode 4.1 DP5, no problems to compile before, then

cd documents
git clone https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git

then

cd xbmc
sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/bin; sudo cp tools/darwin/depends/gas-preprocessor/gas-preprocessor.pl /usr/local/bin/
password

then

cd tools/darwin/depends
./bootstrap
./configure --with-darwin=ios
make

then

make -C tools/darwin/depends/xbmc
make clean
make xcode_depends

and error no rule for makefile Xcode depends stop
if to index atv2 project by xcode

then

xcodebuild -project XBMC-ATV2.xcodeproj -target XBMC -configuration Release build ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=YES ARCHS=armv7 VALID_ARCHS=armv7 IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=4.3 SDKROOT=iphoneos4.3

error with system.h build failed.
please pastebin the "and error no rule for makefile Xcode depends stop"

did you remember to go back to root after you finished in "cd tools/darwin/depends"?
amet Wrote:please pastebin the "and error no rule for makefile Xcode depends stop"

did you remember to go back to root after you finished in "cd tools/darwin/depends"?

I do:

cd xbmc
cd tools/darwin/depends
./bootstrap
make

should I make

cd xbmc

cd tools/darwin/depends

then cd home

then

./bootstrap
make
Code:
cd xbmc
cd tools/darwin/depends
./bootstrap
make

cd xbmc
make clean
make xcode_depends

or from the README.ios
Code:
3.1 Install Cross libs and runtime environment
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

$ cd $HOME/XBMC
$ sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/bin; sudo cp tools/darwin/depends/gas-preprocessor/gas-preprocessor.pl /usr/local/bin/
$ cd tools/darwin/depends
$ ./bootstrap
$ ./configure --with-darwin=ios
$ make

4. How to compile
Both Xcode and Terminal compilation require that build environment be setup
from the step 3.1.

$ cd $HOME/XBMC
$ make -C tools/darwin/depends/xbmc
$ make clean
$ make xcode_depends
You are the best!!! Done, thanks!
One more question on latest nightly builds and 10.0.9 official, all big files 1080p is writing that cash is full before reached required level, it makes difficulties some times for playing files. With old cache settings it was ok. May be something to fix for comfortable full hd playing. Please.
I hate to bring this old thread to light again, but I am having issues when trying to follow the readme.ios. I am able to DL the source with no issues, but just like the OP when I get to the "make xcode_depends" step I get the same "no rule to make target xcode depends" When I use ./configure I get
Quote:checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp usability... no
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp presence... no
checking for boost/shared_ptr.hpp... no
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your platform.

So, I am assuming that I am missing boost. For the last 2 evenings I have tried over and over again with the same results. I was curious to know if it was an issue with a makefile again or if its a issue on my end. I set it up saturday afternoon without a problem. I am using xcode 3.2.6 with ios 4.3SDK. Any help would be much appreciated!
make xcode_depends? configure? Did you even read the README.ios?

You should start from scratch - here a short howto which WILL work (basically the same what is written in the README.ios - nvm)

Code:
git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
cd xbmc/tools/darwin/depends && ./bootstrap && ./configure --with-darwin=ios && cd ../../..
make -C tools/darwin/depends
make xcode_depends
open XBMC-ATV2.xcodeproj - set target - device + release - hit the build button...
cd tools/darwin/packaging/xbmc-atv2/ && ./mkdeb-xbmc-atv2.sh release

Because of these instructions are made up of my mind - try to be clever if something fails Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:make xcode_depends? configure? Did you even read the README.ios?

You should start from scratch - here a short howto which WILL work (basically the same what is written in the README.ios - nvm)

Code:
git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
cd xbmc/tools/darwin/depends && ./bootstrap && ./configure --with-darwin=ios && cd ../../..
make -C tools/darwin/depends
make xcode_depends
open XBMC-ATV2.xcodeproj - set target - device + release - hit the build button...
cd tools/darwin/packaging/xbmc-atv2/ && ./mkdeb-xbmc-atv2.sh release

Because of these instructions are made up of my mind - try to be clever if something fails Wink

Thanks. I'll try and start again from scratch when I get home. I've done so at least 4 times and twice even going as far as uninstalling Xcode. The only thing I am confused about is where you seem to be questioning "make Xcode_depends" I'm somewhat confused as to what you're saying?? Everything seems to go well until I hit step 4(how to compile) and that is where I was getting the error when using "make Xcode_depends" once again thanks for taking the time to respond and I'll give it a shot again this evening and report back.
Memphiz, just wanted to say thanks! With the code you posted and adding a few lines myself I was able to compile xbmc last night successfully! Thanks again!
your welcome...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Appletv2+iOS] Error compiling with new dependences....0