@ Jezz_x: problem with confluence PVR.
Hi Jezz_x,

FYI:

I've tested Margro's last two pre-eden builds of his PVR branch located here - http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~mar...ld.html#master

They contain a11599's DXVA De-interlace patch.

De-interlace is working great with pvr... However i noticed an issue that when watching live tv and pushing 'C' to bring up the channel list, the video stutters and drops a lot of frames...

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the Confluence skin or his patch, but bringing up other OSD menu's doesn't cause this issue, it's only the channel list OSD that does it.

I realise these are pre-releases and are buggy, but i can confirm that the problem only exists when De-interlacing is enabled, if you changed video de-interlace settings to 'none' the problem goes away... This leads me to believe it's not a skin related issue, however... I'm not 'wiz' so it's worth addressing.

Just thought maybe you could test out Margro's latest master build (if you're on windows vista or 7 of course) and have a look to see if the issue is skin related, or a bug with the patch?

Cheers,
Loggio.
Jezz_x,

Margro informed me of the following, regarding this issue:

margro Wrote:@loggio:
The PVR channel list dialog "DialogPVRChannelsOSD.xml" has still 2x the following check: !pvr.IsPlayingRadio. It seems to me that the implementation of this check inside XBMC is too slow. Try removing the 2 lines with this check.
My guess is that you won't see the framedrop anymore.

I removed the lines and problem solved. Not sure if this is a help, just letting you know.

Cheers,
Loggio.
Yeah problem is its used to show "Radio Channels" or TV Channels" in the header I'd rather someone come up with a fix rather than a workaround Smile

Sorry didn't reply earlier I forgot
could you try whether the low framerate is gone when you remove the mutex locks in those methods in /xbmc/pvr/addons/PVRClients.cpp?
note: that's not a solution yet if it works. it could cause a segfault in certain situations (that will almost never occur, but that's something else Smile)
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
@ Jezz_x: problem with confluence PVR.0