Help with playlist
I'm new to XBMC. I've been using Boxee software on a Windows 7 machine for a long time before I tried XBMC. I was so happy to find Xeebo. I didn't feel like a noob as much anymore.

But I'm having trouble getting a smart playlist to do what I want. I set it up as a movie playlist with only the westerns genre. I set it to random. Looking at the list it contains only westerns. They are alphabetized by title. When I right click on the playlist and choose Play, it plays them in the alphabetized order, not random. I just want it to play a random movie until I stop it.

What silly thing am I doing wrong?

Steve
Make sure the sort order (in the UI, not the playlist) is set to "Playlist". It normally does that by default.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Make sure the sort order (in the UI, not the playlist) is set to "Playlist". It normally does that by default.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks for the reply.

Since I am a noob, I do not know where to find that setting. I have been through all the settings and I do not find a sort order. I am using the Xeebo skin with 10.1.

Steve
Its not a bad idea to learn how to navigate xbmc with the default skin then it makes it easier to find stuff in other skins plus its easier to help you Smile

In any case in Xeebo when in the playlist press right arrow this will bring out a menu, the second menu item from the top will toggle through the sort order its probably set at the default which is "Name"
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:Its not a bad idea to learn how to navigate xbmc with the default skin then it makes it easier to find stuff in other skins plus its easier to help you Smile

In any case in Xeebo when in the playlist press right arrow this will bring out a menu, the second menu item from the top will toggle through the sort order its probably set at the default which is "Name"

Shocked Thanks. That did the trick.

I don't know how I missed it before. I've been all over that menu.

I'm really starting to love this program.

Steve
If your not familiar with XBMC then its easy to miss in Xeebo as there's no description just an icon Smile
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with playlist0