Dirty regions
So, I've been looking into visualizing the dirty regions for the first time and it seems there's quite a few problem areas in my skin. When I compare with Confluence it only shows dirty regions on some controls and during animations. But with reFocus everything is covered in an orange glow (example). Which I found quite unsettling.

Problem is, I have no idea how I can fix things or even what I should look into. Some advice is very welcome.

edit: the visualization is blinking a couple of times every couple of seconds (so it gets darker and lighter orange)
edit2: just tried with an older version of reFocus that uses compressed textures, could that be what makes the difference?
@Jeroen you sure you have set the algorithm to 1? Without that it will redraw everything (and make everything orange in visualization) on any change.

Compressed textures shouldn't matter afaik but I think we mostly tested it with compressed (as we tested with confluence)
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2 Wrote:@Jeroen you sure you have set the algorithm to 1? Without that it will redraw everything (and make everything orange in visualization) on any change.

Compressed textures shouldn't matter afaik but I think we mostly tested it with compressed (as we tested with confluence)

yup, my advancedsettings looks like this:

PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <
gui>
    <
algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
  <
visualizedirtyregions>true</visualizedirtyregions>
    <
nofliptimeout>-1</nofliptimeout>
  </
gui>
</
advancedsettings
Videowindow is causing this.

Edit: Try adding Player.HasVideo to the visible condition of the videowindow, so that it's only visible if a video is playing.
Also a pulsing animation can be the cause.
`Black Wrote:Videowindow is causing this.

Edit: Try adding Player.HasVideo to the visible condition of the videowindow, so that it's only visible if a video is playing.

That fixed it Smile Also, it seems to have a positive effect on performance.
Awesome, cheers guys!
Dirty regions not working correctly with the on-screen-keyboard under Confluence in the latest nightly on a Apple TV 2.

It is at least acting glitchy when go to the OSK from the weather settings to type in order to change the city.

Both the blinking command-promt and the OSK-keys do not seem to refresh properly when activated dirty regions.

To replicate just try the OSK as the issue should be easy to spot with no other advanced settings enabled.

Edit: Maybe this should have been posted in this thread? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107733

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dirty regions0