IMDB Top 250
Hi ronie, I have setup a smart playlist to gather movies that I have in the library which are labeled as part of the IMDB Top 250. I added the playlist to my favorites and then to the a submenu of Favorites in the Home menu. The playlist works but, I am puzzled by the display.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Top 250</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="top250" operator="greaterthan">0</rule>
    <order direction="ascending">top250</order>
</smartplaylist>
In the playlist, I specify the sort order as Top250 ascending but they actually list according to the sort in the selected view which is FanArt and the choices do not include the Top250 variable.

Also, the display shows the same as when browsing the Video section, no detail on the movies, just the title and poster.
Code:
<favourite name="Movies Top 250">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/Movies Top 250.xsp&quot;)</favourite>
Am I doing something wrong?

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:In the playlist, I specify the sort order as Top250 ascending but they actually list according to the sort in the selected view which is FanArt and the choices do not include the Top250 variable.

true, you need to select 'sort by: playlist'.
jpf55 Wrote:Also, the display shows the same as when browsing the Video section, no detail on the movies, just the title and poster.

no clue about that one. make sure you're in library mode, that's the only thing i can come up with.
it works ok on my end.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:true, you need to select 'sort by: playlist'.
Playlist is not one the Sort by choices il File mode but it is present in Library
ronie Wrote:no clue about that one. make sure you're in library mode, that's the only thing i can come up with.
it works ok on my end.
Correct, Library mode helps but, in File mode, I have 35 titles, in Library mode, I only get 6 titles.

Other quirk, I added the Top 250 to the Movies submenu and when I select it, the top most movie I have starts playing, in this case, The Godfather. Why would it play a movie and not show a list?

Running Kodi 18.9
jpf55 Wrote:Other quirk, I added the Top 250 to the Movies submenu and when I select it, the top most movie I have starts playing, in this case, The Godfather. Why would it play a movie and not show a list?

skin settings > home window > play playlists in submenus

disable the option, then remove and re-add your playlist
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks ronie, it works as expected Nod, about the different quantities showing, it was... of course my fault, in one view I had all films and in the other, I had unwatched.
Blush Confused

Running Kodi 18.9

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB Top 2500