Disabling the Volume Control on ATV2 (Eden RC1)
I know lots of folks were desperate for the volume control on the ATV2, but as the user of an optical Amp it doesn't add any value for me personally. In order to get rid of it and reuse the remote control buttons for jump (video) and skip (music) I edited my /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml file.

Couple of questions;

1. Does it makes sense for the Volume functionality to exist on an Optical or HDMI set up? I could raise a Ticket if need be or reeducate myself if my logic/thinking is wrong.
  2. Is there a more obvious toggle setting somewhere that I've missed, meaning I shouldn't have needed to touch the keymap?

As ever, I'm finding the app awesome, so hats off yet again to the team for RC1!

Cheers,

Fergus.
The keymap doesn't know that you don't have (or need) volume functionality, so there is no toggle setting or anything like that.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Fair enough, I guess the upside of such contextual aware keymaps would be lost in the added support and maintenance burden it would bring.

Thanks again,

Fergus.
Hey I'd be keen to see the config changes you made because I'm in the same boat as you where I dont need volume controls on the ATV2 but would love to have the skip features back on the up and down arrows of the remote.
It's already in the FAQ
If you've not found it yet, this should get you going;

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt...l_for_ATV2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disabling the Volume Control on ATV2 (Eden RC1)0