[Micro-ATX] Pentium 2x2.6Ghz + GT210
Smile If you feel like thanking me for my work, you can DONATE --> Here Smile

[CPU] Intel Celeron G530 Dual-Core 2.4GHz LGA1155 65W ($53 + $0)
[mobo] ASUS P8H61-M LX (REV 3.0) LGA-1155 UEFI μATX ($70 + $0)
[GPU] ZOTAC GT210 512MB DDR3 64-bit Fanless Low Profile ($36 + $4)
[case] SILVERSTONE ML03B μATX ($60 + $0)
[PSU] SeaSonic SS-400ET 80+ Bronze 400W ATX12V ($43 + $9)
TOTAL: ($275)

** G530 CPU should be used with DDR3-1066MHz memory sticks only **
Or you could just leave out the discrete video card and save $40 and a bunch of heat.
wait a sec, onboard i3-2100 video is unlocked when paired with an H67/P67 chipset no??

agree for the Heat factor, i use a fanless card and its running pretty HOT..
But its %100 Silent...

However, im not inserting the onboard i3 video builds in my little guide yet...
i'll wait till they get their new bridge out which supposedly will fix the 24Hz issue...

Cant wait!!
eskro Wrote:agree for the Heat factor, i use a fanless card and its running pretty HOT..
But its %100 Silent...

However, im not inserting the onboard i3 video builds in my little guide yet...
i'll wait till they get their new bridge out which supposedly will fix the 24Hz issue...

Cant wait!!

I don't believe this is an issue for most people. I think people should build it without a discrete card, but making sure they get a motherboard with a PCIEx16 slot, and if they find they actually notice a 24hz problem, then and only then they can stick in a discrete graphics card.

Indeed, if they notice a problem, the first thing they should do is turn off UAC. With that, the Sandy Bridge is about as close to 23.976 as anything else. If they still notice a problem, then they can buy a $30 GPU.

But doing it up front, without even trying it without and seeing if there is actually a problem, is a total waste.

I'm curious. Have you actually used a Sandy Bridge based system and personally witnessed a problem? You're awfully down on the Intel graphics. I just wondered if that was based on your own observation or on things you've read on the internet.
im active on many forums and all complain on the 24Hz problem...
and i've read reviews about the issue on many sites...
sucks because that issue was there even before the new sandy bridge and INTEL knew about it..
they just didnt want to fix it...
i got hopes for their next Bridge generation... iVY bridge if i recall good..
When are they supposed to fix the 24p problem?
I've got that graphics card and you can't put it in a case with no fans, and even if you add a fan you can't put anything in the PCI slot next to it or it will get to 106 degrees and turn off.
At the moment i've got a 120mm fan blowing directly on it and it stays around 60 degrees.

That case has no holes, or fans near the graphics cards - So i'd recommend a quiet fanless one or one with a bigger heatsink to save the trouble!

Also thats a low profile case and the gpu doesn't ship with a low profile bracket!
jacksonliam Wrote:So i'd recommend a quiet fanless

well isnt it already FanLess? Tongue

jacksonliam Wrote:Also thats a low profile case and the gpu doesn't ship with a low profile bracket!

True, EVGA GT210 doesn't ship with a low profile bracket...
Question 
Hey eskro,

I need the great oracle to shed light here: the MOBO you are suggesting here is the P8H61-M LX, but what are your thoughts about the P8H61-M LE/CSM ?

The reason I'm asking is this: I can buy it locally (just in case, you know) and the price is not bad @MemExp (CAD75)

I keep looking and can't understand what the difference between them are... Although I do see a parallel connector on the LX, but beyond that, I'm lost...
both are good to me,,,
the ASUS P8H61-M LX has 3 PCI Express x1 slots....
eskro Wrote:both are good to me,,,
the ASUS P8H61-M LX has 3 PCI Express x1 slots....

OK, then no big deal for what I need, which basically is room for a fanless GT210 and away we go...
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
no problem
Eskro - I am not sure if I understand the issue with the GT210. Is there enough room to fit this in the case for this build? Or do I need to order a low profile adapter?

Or is the low profile adapter only needed if I try and run fans to it? Assuming this is true and I go without fans, have you experience any heat problems other than it just flat out being hot?

Also since its been 5 months since you put this build together, is there anything you would change at this point? Any mobos come out with onboard graphics that fix the 24 mhz issue, or am I still better off with the GT210.

Thanks a lot.
still better off with a GT210!

use the suggested ZOTAC GT210 FanLess listed in my guide
Will do. They are $20 after rebate at Newegg right now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Micro-ATX] Pentium 2x2.6Ghz + GT2100